Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not one to complain much but stuff like this really pisses me off.

So I order some trail gear rock sliders and they got here Friday. I was pumped to be putting them on this weekend. I see the that ups left the boxes at my front door and I go to put them inside when I noticed that the ends of the sliders are poking out of both ends on both boxes. I see that trail gear packed them in boxes that are about 2" to short, so of course the ends were going to poke out. So I open them up and right away I see that the powder coating is chipped off and all scratched on the ends since they were sticking out of the box. I said screw it I have some flat black touch up paint so leave it at that.
The next morning I go get ready to put them on and notice that they only sent me one set of bolts! By this time it's really starting to piss me off so I leave it and go buy the bolts and washers myself since I'm sure I would be waiting a week to get them from trail gear. So then I get back and again get ready to put them on. I have them out in the light and right away my wife says..."Hey are they suppose to be 2 different colors?" I get up and take a closer look and then I notice that some how they did 2 kinds of powder coating. One is flat black and the other is a shiny black. I finally had it, I'm just going to call them on Monday first thing and ask that they ship me 2 new ones and have them pay for the shipping of the new ones and pay to have the others shipped back. Sorry I just had to vent. I was just really looking forward to putting them on and then the more I thought about the more mad I got. I just paid 340.00 for something and the least they could do is send the damn bolts. Ok Im done. :flame:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
let us know how you make out

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Wow, that sounds bad. You are the first person i have read to have received a bad product from them. I am sure they will take care of you.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
i am sure they will make it right, and it was probably the shipper that just threw them around, i am very happy with their product.. just give them a call. sorry about your bangs:)

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
You might of gave them a chance to make it right before you threw them under a bus. They have a very good reputation with the members here who have dealt with them. Like everyone else has said, I would be very surprised if they did'nt make things right plus some. Not every product they ship out will be perfect. Too many variables........shippers, outsourced work like powder coating. The true test in the company is how they take care of these issues.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I was under the impression the holes in the box was a common problem. Same thing happened to mine and a few others. Mine wasn't really that bad though. For the most part, I think they need to use duck tape or something on the outside. I didn't bother to make a complaint since I didn't think it would be worth the time. Here are a couple pics:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the slider look solid and looked better than the pictures I saw. I just figured they would take a little more care in the way they packaged there products and checked what they shipped out. I'm sure they will make things right but I just wanted to vent. Maybe I was just the unlucky first to have this happen to. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

GO STARS! :cheers:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I was literally just about to order these sliders. I have read only positive things about their sliders and customer service, and I'm sure they will make things right.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was under the impression the holes in the box was a common problem. Same thing happened to mine and a few others. Mine wasn't really that bad though. For the most part, I think they need to use duck tape or something on the outside. I didn't bother to make a complaint since I didn't think it would be worth the time. Here are a couple pics:

Yep mine looked just like that. I don't think I would have posted anything about it but the fact that I was only sent one set of srews and then to top it off 2 different colors is what made me post. I'm sure they will make things right. Just sucks b/c I was so ready to put them on since I sold my OEM sliders and my rig has been without any for 2 weeks :(

Oh don't know if I said this before but, GO STARS! :cheers:

I'll update you guys tomorrow

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
So, your first move was to post here and ***** about how terrible of a company TG is - before you contacted TG. Really. This is the first negative experience I've heard/read about with these guys. How 'bout settling down, letting TG have a shot at rectifying the problem... before tossing them under the &$%*ing bus.

After a few weeks and a couple tries with no success... then ***** away. We may listen then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, your first move was to post here and ***** about how terrible of a company TG is - before you contacted TG. Really. This is the first negative experience I've heard/read about with these guys. How 'bout settling down, letting TG have a shot at rectifying the problem... before tossing them under the &$%*ing bus.

After a few weeks and a couple tries with no success... then ***** away. We may listen then.
HAHA...When did I say they were a terrible company? If you read the title it says I was disappointed. And by this I mean I too have heard nothing but good things about them so thats why I was disappointed. I also stated that the sliders looked awesome. Didn't know I wasn't allowed to vent about MY experience.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Im not one to complain much but stuff like this really pisses me off.

So I order some trail gear rock sliders and they got here Friday. I was pumped to be putting them on this weekend. I see the that ups left the boxes at my front door and I go to put them inside when I noticed that the ends of the sliders are poking out of both ends on both boxes. I see that trail gear packed them in boxes that are about 2" to short, so of course the ends were going to poke out. So I open them up and right away I see that the powder coating is chipped off and all scratched on the ends since they were sticking out of the box. I said screw it I have some flat black touch up paint so leave it at that.
The next morning I go get ready to put them on and notice that they only sent me one set of bolts! By this time it's really starting to piss me off so I leave it and go buy the bolts and washers myself since I'm sure I would be waiting a week to get them from trail gear. So then I get back and again get ready to put them on. I have them out in the light and right away my wife says..."Hey are they suppose to be 2 different colors?" I get up and take a closer look and then I notice that some how they did 2 kinds of powder coating. One is flat black and the other is a shiny black. I finally had it, I'm just going to call them on Monday first thing and ask that they ship me 2 new ones and have them pay for the shipping of the new ones and pay to have the others shipped back. Sorry I just had to vent. I was just really looking forward to putting them on and then the more I thought about the more mad I got. I just paid 340.00 for something and the least they could do is send the damn bolts. Ok Im done. :flame:
While I have never bought anything from TG, I think it is inappropriate to lodge a public complaint about a product before talking to the company you purchased it from. Many things could have contributed to the problems - a shipper who was less than gentle (and the bolts could have fallen out of the box through the holes), a worker not paying attention to the difference in the paint finish, etc. The fact that you received a damaged product is a shame, and inconvenient, to be sure. But things happen, and I think it would have been nice to give TG a chance to deal with your issues BEFORE posting a gripe on a public forum. You have every right to be upset, but I think you should still play fair....

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
I had an issue with mine, I discovered it on a Saturday. Monday I called and it was squared away.

I can understand being annoyed, but, give them a chance to make it right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had an issue with mine, I discovered it on a Saturday. Monday I called and it was squared away.

I can understand being annoyed, but, give them a chance to make it right.
I never said I wasn't giving them a chance. Like I said before I was venting. As for the bolts, the others came in a box so there is no way they fell out b/c there wasn't even a box in there. And like I said before I am sure they will make it right b/c of what I have heard from others but I just posted what happened to me. Not like I am telling people never to buy from them. I did say that the sliders looked even better in person. I mean had it just been the bolts missing, no big deal, or just the chipped powder coating then I wouldn't have posted. But I think what upset me was that it was all that plus the 2 diff. colors. And if I'm not allowed to post what happened to me then let me know and I won't post. I also said I would keep everyone posted as to what they did to make things right. From what other people have posted today I wasn't the only one this happened to, including yourself.

AGAIN, I will keep you guys posted as to what they do to make it right.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ordered 2 sets of rock rails and all 4 boxes had the sliders poking out the boxes.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Mine were boxed well. I even used the boxes to help me install them. I got mine before they started PC'ing them.

I did not receive the install hardware until days later.

It's a great product.

The company needs to work on their QA.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts