Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
For a list of my trail/recovery gear, check out Mod #14 in Post #12 on Page 2 of "My Build Diary" (the link's in my signature).

I brought most of the equipment listed on the Rubicon Trail, which I just ran this past week. Didn't use all of the equipment, of course, but, I did use some and everything that I did bring fit in my Jeep, which has much less carry capacity than my FJ.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've compiled all the info from these posts, and now have the daunting task of organizing it.
I've already separated all the lists into groups (camping gear, survival gear, recovery gear, first aid, ect.)
I'll post up when done!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry its taking so long, I'm really busy with school and fraternity stuff right now, I promise I'll have all the lists posted in the tech section as soon as I finish!

·
Registered
301 Posts
OK, has anyone done the research and compilation for part numbers & prices for all the spare parts, nuts & bolts, etc that we should have on hand?

It's on my list, but

Me sooooooooooo lazy (and busy).........:boohoo: :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
OK, has anyone done the research and compilation for part numbers & prices for all the spare parts, nuts & bolts, etc that we should have on hand?

It's on my list, but

Me sooooooooooo lazy (and busy).........:boohoo: :)
What should be on the spare parts list is kind of subjective. It depends on what your style is and your technical ability. I would like a CV, but I know I can't change on in the field. I carry what I can change-which is unfortunately precious little.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
x2
Even if you have the spare part, if you can't change it, it doesn't do you any good.
but maybe someone on the trail will know how and lend a hand

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own a Toyota, I don't take any spare parts.....however I do take some shackles and a tow rope in case I come across a Jeep and a drip tray and some oil in case it's a Land Rover. I carry some polish if it's a Hummer and I always carry a good map for directions to the nearest paved road, of course!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
lol thats funny!!!

Sorry its taken so long to finish this, I'm going to Katemcy Rocks this weekend and I'm gonna see what all everyone down there uses and brings

21 - 29 of 29 Posts