Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit Directors:

Would it be possible to let attendees know what to expect from their trail leader?

e.g. trial/historical info, spotting, photo expectations, speed expectations

I'll just suffice it to say, there is a big difference in the quality of runs described by others and what some runs end up being. So I think future attendees would benefit from knowing what to expect from their leader.

·
Registered
29 Posts
True. No cb communication at all on one... too much letting others by on another caused us to be hours behind schedule...no historical history on any....

If you don't know, now you know!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess I was lucky last year and had pretty good trail leaders on all 3 runs (actually 2 were very good). This year, I had 2 good (one was great) trail leaders and one that was an ass right off the bat. I had been on that trail before so I knew more or less of what to expect but the experience was quite different. A rough, busy trail along with some other issues added up for a long day, several hours behind as well. I'm well aware that some things are just out of our hands and there is no guarantee when you will be back but there were definitely some time management issues.

I understand it can be a daunting task guiding folks on a trail that may be above their experience, comfort level, or how much abuse they are willing to inflict on their vehicle but don't act like it's a burden to you. I also didn't appreciate the s#!t talking about other leaders or those in the group. Keep those to yourself. Also, brushing up on history on the area wouldn't be a bad idea either.

This one run definitely made up my mind to lead some trails next year (if I can make the cut) as well as try to help the summit crew in Ouray. That being said, I do appreciate that each and every one that volunteered for the Summit. It's still one of the best events I've been to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts