Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Spent Saturday exploring new trails and had a blast. Found one called Alison Creek trail, which is off of the Hwy 3, (GPS is N49 38.022 W114 34.150) The trail takes about a day with stops to take pictures, (family of moose on the side of the road) and their is a bunch of sub trails to explore. The trail is fairly mild with some sections that require you to take your time. Their is also some old abandoned mines in the area but we were not successful in finding them. This trail ended abruptly due to a washed out bridge, (the end is at GPS N49 51.155 W114 35.111) Well worth the trip! Their is also a mine road at (GPS N49 47.111 W114 28.836) which is a nice drive as well, but also ended abruptly due to a washout, but this drive is worth it.

We also took a drive up the road from the Frank slide, and got some awesome pics. We climbed the hillside and got an excellent view of the slide.

I am attaching some pics of the days trip.

:bigthumb:

I have attached some scenic pics from the drive

Attachments

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Not sure if its the same road but we used to go up Allison Creek Road. It used to connect to the Dutch Creek Road which would take you back to the Old Man River Forestry Road. It used to make for a nice circle drive. Its been a long time since we wheeled in that area and I am sure things have changed. Used to camp ,hunt and fish all over that Southern Alta area back in the time. It is truly beautiful country.

Enjoy and Use with Respect!! Preserve it for your kids as we tried to for ours.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if its the same road but we used to go up Allison Creek Road. It used to connect to the Dutch Creek Road which would take you back to the Old Man River Forestry Road. It used to make for a nice circle drive. Its been a long time since we wheeled in that area and I am sure things have changed. Used to camp ,hunt and fish all over that Southern Alta area back in the time. It is truly beautiful country.

Enjoy and Use with Respect!! Preserve it for your kids as we tried to for ours.

:cheers:
Yes - it is the same trail. I edited my post above to reflect this name.

The trail is no longer circular due to the above mentioned bridge washouts and hwy 40 is closed until June anyways due to wildlife movements. I am hoping to explore this area further, but unfortunately, I am away on business for a month and won't return to Calgary until early July......

Their is a lot of trails in the Crowsnest that are just asking to be explored and I look forward to see what the next set of trails have to offer.

If I remember, I will GPS them, as listed above, so others can find these trails just by entering the coordinates into their favourite GPS, or even Google maps will accept coordinates. Just cut and paste the ones above and see what it returns - including terrain maps on Google maps as well.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts