Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day: Thursday, July 22
Time: 7:30
Trail Run: Poughkeepsie Gulch
Leader: OCR14a (Steven)
My Photos from this trail run: LINK

I'm creating this thread so we can reacquaint, trade photos, whatever.

We had a great time with you guys. Thanks for helping to make this a great trail run, and a great day in the mountains with friends.

Here's a sneak preview...

I'm working on the photos. Hopefully I'll have them all uploaded by the end of the day today. Feel free to get things going in here if you want...

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...its always great to make new friends!
Indeed. Hopefully we don't have to wait till next Summit to hang out again.
I guess we'll see :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm glad we all made it out without damage,...oops, except the damage on the window...but that had nothing to do with the trail really. :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
We'll definately be in touch next time we are out that way. Or if any of you make it to the AZ area we'd be happy to meet up.
Haven't heard from Derek, anybody know what is handle is on here? curious if he got the lift installed.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
colorado maniac. Haven't heard about the lift. Not sure if we will do it here or when he gets back to Maryland.

I see two trips PHX on my work calendar before the year is over, I'll let you know! maybe a night run in the desert will be in order.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll definately be in touch next time we are out that way. Or if any of you make it to the AZ area we'd be happy to meet up.
Haven't heard from Derek, anybody know what is handle is on here? curious if he got the lift installed.
colorado maniac. Haven't heard about the lift. Not sure if we will do it here or when he gets back to Maryland.

I see two trips PHX on my work calendar before the year is over, I'll let you know! maybe a night run in the desert will be in order.
HA! you beat me to it.
I was distracted....stuffing my face.

I wish we could get to AZ. We'd love to hook up with you guys.
We had enough fun with you to last a while though I suppose.

After spring of 2011, our life should free up a bit, but till then, we're kinda shackled in to paying off idiot debts from when we were kids, etc, and vacation timing is pretty tight.

Hey, FJinCO, if Derek does the lift here, please let me know if you remember. I'd love to help.

Actually, I'll call him right now to see what he has in mind....

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....just talked with D.
Hasn't even received the lift kit yet.
I told him my foks are coming here on Thursday from the DFW area, and if it's being shipped from there, I could probably have them bring it up here. Waiting to hear back from him on that.

He said that since he probably won't be getting new tires while he's here, he may wait for the install till he's back East at soe point.

Hopefully we can get out on a trail run with him before he leaves though.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lift is on the way!! Hope to get out with you guys soon.
Oh, so you're having it shipped here?
If so, let us know when if you need/want help.
I'm not very mechanically inclined, but as Billy Currington would say, "I'm pretty good at drinkin beer" (and I'd even bring some to share; unless you want to have a sober install party....that's how we did mine, and it makes sense). :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Install at the rising sun rally? With that many people there, we could get it done so fast a NASCAR pit crew would be jealous.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey D,
I forgot, are the front coilovers preassembled? If so, that makes the job a lot easier.

Also, whenever you do it, if at all possible, go out and pre-loosen all of the bolts/nuts related to the job over the days leading up to the actual install event. It's the bolts/nuts that actually make this project take the longest. So, if you just loosen them and retighten them, at least you'll know they are all ready to go when it comes time for the full job.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I uploaded my photos from this trail run this morning ---> LINK <---

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got a txt from colorado mainiac.....
the lift arrived, but they sent the wrong one.
He wanted medium, but then sent heavy.

Not sure what he's gonna do.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
^^ Got the same text. he said he might be confused. and it may be the right lift. checking model numbers.

I have been thinking about upgrading to the Heavy in the rear at some point.......

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep....got the update too....so, maybe he'll be OK.
If not, maybe he has a buyer? :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts