Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are registered but haven't selected any trail runs . . . get online and get 'er done. There are trails with open spots on all three days.

Also, if you are experienced on the trail, capable of leading and have a CB please consider signing on as a trail leader. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Plans prevented me from being there this year, but next year I will make my return debut. I may be interested next year in leading a photo group trail on the alpine loop. It is easy and fun! I took it last year, I will be making a two day trip of it this August so I should be pretty well versed in it. I love photography and Colorado so keep me in mind for a trail lead on that one next year.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plans prevented me from being there this year, but next year I will make my return debut. I may be interested next year in leading a photo group trail on the alpine loop. It is easy and fun! I took it last year, I will be making a two day trip of it this August so I should be pretty well versed in it. I love photography and Colorado so keep me in mind for a trail lead on that one next year.
That is excellent. We have many repeat attendees that lead two or three runs each year but for the continued success of the event we really need more of the people (especially those with two, three and four years under their belt) to step up and lead these groups. We would much rather have people step forward and volunteer than to spends months trying to coerce people to lead runs.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
That is excellent. We have many repeat attendees that lead two or three runs each year but for the continued success of the event we really need more of the people with two, three and four years under their belt to step up and lead these groups. We would much rather have people step forward and volunteer than to spends months trying to coerce people to lead runs.
Well, next year will only be my second year so it sounds like I may be unqualified. I understand. So then for 2016 put me down to lead the alpine loop, California and Corkscrew gulches as I have done those twice and something else that is as easy as all those. I ran Black Bear and have less than zero desire to do it again! I will be runing Imogene this August alone so I'll either be dead or happy I got over it. I expect the latter so I may be interested in doing that as well. i do have a CB and am not afraid to use it as was the "leader" who did Alpine last year and never once spoke on the CB. So let me know. I am interested mostly in photo runs, but I would be willing to lead earlier runs if no one else will do those. But my preference is photo runs since I am a photo nut. :laugh

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even one year is enough experience if you are confident in your directions and ability to lead the group. We've also had people lead trails without having been to a Summit . . . although they usually prefer to pre-run the trail on Wednesday. It is best though to have been on the run at least once so you have an idea of the necessary pace and stopping points for lunch or restrooms.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Last year was our first year, but not our first time in Ouray. I could easily lead the Alpine Loop. As I said, I'll be running it alone this late August and taking 2 days to do it as I know there are a ton of photo ops and that will make it better to know what are the true hotspots for photos. I ran Corkscrew & California with John on Wednesday when he was practicing it. Then I ran it with a group on Friday. So for next year, I would happily help out leading those 2 for sure. Keep me in mind and I'l be posting up about my own "mini summit" I have in August!

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
PLEASE consider being a trail leader folks. I have done it the past 5 years and really enjoy supporting the community and those who have worked so hard to make this event successful. If you are familiar with even one trail please consider leading this year. Otherwise I will be forced to fill the vacancies and lead FJ's in my Jeep!

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PLEASE consider being a trail leader folks. I have done it the past 5 years and really enjoy supporting the community and those who have worked so hard to make this event successful. If you are familiar with even one trail please consider leading this year. Otherwise I will be forced to fill the vacancies and lead FJ's in my Jeep!

:scared: A Jeep leading FJs and Land Cruisers. Blasphemy. I will never hear the end of it. :eek:

BTW, we just added several trails . . . which also need trail leaders. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
BTW, we just added several trails . . . which also need trail leaders...
This will only be my 2nd Summit/2nd time in Ouray, but I'm not new to leading trail runs. So, if you don't get enough Summit veterans to volunteer, let me know if I can help!

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This will only be my 2nd Summit/2nd time in Ouray, but I'm not new to leading trail runs. So, if you don't get enough Summit veterans to volunteer, let me know if I can help!
I will keep that in mind. We sent out a bunch of codes to folks at the top of the wait list and registrations are trickling in. If we don't have volunteers I'll come back to you as a backup. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Just signed up to lead the Poughkeepsie at 10:00AM on Friday this will be my fourth Summit have been a trial leader before. So let get some of those folks on the waiting list on the trail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts