Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a TT Rear Skid plate to install on my non-trail team FJ. It arrived with no hardware for attaching. Can anyone help me out with what hardware (size bolts/brackets) is required for installation.

Also, would you know where the fasteners would be available. Thanks in advance for your attention and help.

Best Regards,

CajunFJ

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Cajun FJ, first off, how come you don't post up in the Louisiana thread or come on trail rides.
Second, if this mounts the way i think it does, i believe the bolts are M12 bolts. Not sure about the threading though. You could go to a hardware store grab a couple different bolts, ask them if you could walk out to your truck and see which ones fit in the threaded holes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cajun FJ, first off, how come you don't post up in the Louisiana thread or come on trail rides.
Second, if this mounts the way i think it does, i believe the bolts are M12 bolts. Not sure about the threading though. You could go to a hardware store grab a couple different bolts, ask them if you could walk out to your truck and see which ones fit in the threaded holes.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't been very involved loacally due to my work/travel schedule. I keep an eye out for events this summer.

Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I wish I could bolt up a TT rear skid, but I've got a Reese hitch... grrr...

·
Registered
54 Posts
There's also 2 spacer brackets involved with the install also. I had to remove mine to add an aftermarket trailer hitch. Unfortunatley I accidently threw them away or you could have had them. Toyo parts dept. will have them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's also 2 spacer brackets involved with the install also. I had to remove mine to add an aftermarket trailer hitch. Unfortunatley I accidently threw them away or you could have had them. Toyo parts dept. will have them.

Thanks johncran. I called my local dealer and they are not clued in to what I might need. They asked me to bring the FJ in so they could look at it and see what I might need. I thought they would at least have a parts diagram.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Thanks johncran. I called my local dealer and they are not clued in to what I might need. They asked me to bring the FJ in so they could look at it and see what I might need. I thought they would at least have a parts diagram.
They should have the diagrams (our dealer still uses microfiche, couldn't believe it). If they don't, looking at your FJ is not going to help much because they'll have nothing to compare it to.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Post some pics of the skid installed!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks GOOD!!!! I like It!:rocker::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Aww man, i have an idea. If you could mount that a bit lower, and add some quick disconnects to it, you would have a very good spot to store possible two jerry cans full of gas (you would need shielding from the exhaust though, but that is not a big deal). Hmmmm. this could work great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts