Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
mee too. I am the sandstorm FJ climbing Hells Gate in both the Moab Tacoma and the Cruise Moab video.. Finally the wife was smiling about all this FJ stuff I am draggin her on.

Your comment was funny to us about the baby not liking it, We had a similar thing happen except out 13 month old slept through several major features, we were surprised..

After two days he had had enough and took a break the last day, which was good because that was Hells Revenge and the wife would have definately been wiggin if she was watching that front end of her car lifting up.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Good video Chris, still like the fact that you "powered Through" the last climb on Cliff Hanger. You did get a little air on Hell's Gate.....Gotta love it!!!!! How's the mods. coming?

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
what a fun trip.... Jack I'm so glad you got us to go on Cliff Hanger... but Golden Spike made the trip for me!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey Jack,

Looking back now Cliff Hanger seems kind of crazy in a stock FJ, lucky for me no damage.

The Mods are all done, except a ladder and trying to mount a gas can on the spare tire. I am on a spending freeze. I had no idea I would need so many skid plates...yikes$$$. Also had to get a fridge...

I saw the Magnolia tent for the top and man that would be perfect for where i am headed but 3K seems like highway robbery for what you get.

I am doing Rubithon next week with Robbie and the entire TTT guys will be there.

I am excited but nervous that I don't have it all tied down just yet as far as gear inside the back.

Will take some photo's and post.

Which FJ were you in Moab, sorry it is all meshing together.

I might have a photo of your rig, I can send you.. Check out my Smugmug site and see if I caught you in one of the line up photos.

Will you be at the Summit in Ouray this year?

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
I was the one in the Blue FJ, I had damage to the right rear. I'm the one that kept telling you to keep momentum going. I also caught a little air on the last obsticle on Cliff Hanger.Keep me posted on how the Rubicon goes, did it years ago in a 1981 toyota pick up. I plan on doing it next year, the only problem is I like the comforts of a Hotel. Better do it soon I'm not getting any younger. No Summit for me, I plan on going to Moab at the end of the summer.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey jack, I do have you in a photo, i think talking to Robbie.

I was really bad with remembering names that week. I think I was a bit burnt after doing Hells Gate, that was scarry..

Sorry we will not see you at the Summit. Where do you live? We will be in Moab over labor day. We always go with friends..We all use to mtn bike all the trails..

So some of my buddies will mrn bike this year and me and another buddy are following or leading in the FJC...Shoudl be fun.

Have a great weekend!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Well my wife and I and about 3 shots of my truck.

I'm the one in the black truck saying "My wife and I loved it but the baby hated it!"
Yeah, can't beleive I made the final cut too. I'm the guy they interview right after you in the camo baseball hat and at the end. IT was so totally cool!!

Toyota Trail Teams

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Hey jack, I do have you in a photo, i think talking to Robbie.

I was really bad with remembering names that week. I think I was a bit burnt after doing Hells Gate, that was scarry..

Sorry we will not see you at the Summit. Where do you live? We will be in Moab over labor day. We always go with friends..We all use to mtn bike all the trails..

So some of my buddies will mrn bike this year and me and another buddy are following or leading in the FJC...Shoudl be fun.

Have a great weekend!

Moab's a dream compared to Colorado wheelin... come join us for some real wheelin:bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts