Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post ever. I have been lurking for a few weeks. I have started testing out local dealers for pricing on a new FJ.

I looked for info but I am not quite sure where to find it... is the TT edition the same as the one that features Upgrade Package #3? I am not clear on this...

Of course when I asked the car salesman about a TT edition he said he had a black one on the truck and and I needed to get it RIGHT NOW. Of course, I realize car salesmen are scum of the earth and I have to be wary of whatever they tell me.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
2011 TT's should be monotone Army Green, not black.

Look at the sticker it should say Trail Teams.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
From cdwright22:

The Special Edition FJ has been delayed until March Production

Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser’s are currently on hold at the port pending release to you. Unfortunately, we were advised that these vehicles arrived at the port MISSING key Special Edition features which make up this unique package. The 51 initial production units (January, 23 units & February, 28 units) of the 2011MY FJ Trail Team (SE Option code) were all affected.

The Trails Team package (SE) production start-up will be March with an April arrival in the Denver Region.

These vehicles will be built using a newly created Upgrade Package #3 (Factory Code- "US"), which includes:
Army Green Exterior Color Including Roof Top; Black Bumpers, Grille, Door Handles, and Power Outside Mirrors with Illuminated Markers; Electronically Controlled Locking Rear Differential; Active Traction Control (A-TRAC); Remote Keyless Entry; Army Green Door Trim and Fabric Seat Inserts; Cruise Control; Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Integrated Backup Camera Monitor; JBL® AM/FM 6-Disc CD Changer with 11 Speakers Including Subwoofer; Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel; Daytime Running Lights (DRL); Rear Window Wiper; Rear Privacy Glass. It will also arrive with the standard 17-in. black steel wheels, providing the flexibility to maintain the existing look or install wheels as PPO or aftermarket at your stores.

Pictures of vehicle with Army Green exterior and standard 17-in steel wheel is attached.

Below shows the differences between Upgrade Package 3 and the SE Package. Upgrade Package 3 includes all SE spec EXCEPT:
• No Trails Team Badging
• No CAD Wheels
• No Roof Rack
• No Bilstein Shocks
• No Floating Ball Multi-Information Display
• No 115V/400 Watt Rear AC Power Outlet
• No Rock Rails

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is how people like you who are interested in a great vehicle get run around until they end up buying a Jeep.
FACT: there are no 2011 FJ Trail Teams In Black or any other color for that matter (for now)

Fact: there has been information sent from gulf states claiming that they will still produce the 2011 FJ TT.

FACT: We have the PKG#3 all green FJ NSSE. Problem here is it has been upgraded (alot) and the price is rather high, will likley sell for around 36,000 or more because of the upgrades (tires, wheels, lift, roof rack, multi function gauge, exc as add-ons) Visit our site to see pictures. www.toyotatrdparts.com

Nathan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks for the clarification, that is good to know. I have been seeing upgrade 3 package and thought it was the same as TT. So #3 is missing a lot of features then. I like the look of #3 with the all green and black trim... but I also like those missing features.

The dealer now tells me he has a TT, but they have hidden it in their inventory and marked it as sold. He can't send me specs on it and, once again, I have to come down there RIGHT NOW. It still strikes me as dealer shenanigans...

Should I be thinking something different than the TT?

·
Banned
7,381 Posts
Oh you can look at ones that are not TT. Basically Pick the color of FJ you want and decide if you want a manual or auto. From there make sure you have the rear locker and any other options that you want. There is nothing on the TT that isn't on the other FJ's or that you can't get. ( Black front, back bumper parts, mirrors door handles, Matching roof).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts