Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for you lucky few, trail teams owners.

the black bumper caps, how easily do they scratch, and how apparent are the scratches, i only ask this because i am about to shell out 1100 for all the trail teams parts, because i painted everything myself and dont like the truck bed lining i used, its too flat looking, the only good part is that it wont scratch so if the trail teams scratch easily i dont know if i should order everything
thaks a lot

·
Admin
8,445 Posts
I'm not sure about the front bumper, I have ARB..... but the black hard plastic strips along the windows look horrible :rocker:

The black really shows the scratches. I'm very glad my FJ is white.... hardly shows the scratches!! :clap:

·
Registered
83 Posts
The bumpers, bumper wings, and mirrors are not painted. It's just raw plastic. I have lots of scratches from wheeling, and you have to be close to see the damage. I say go for it!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, yeah the window trim on mine is all battered up nothing i can do about it, as for goin off road i rarely ever do, sometimes up at my grandmothers property ill go in the woods just wanted to know if the scratches were noticable like they were on the silver bumper caps ...thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
thanks, yeah the window trim on mine is all battered up nothing i can do about it, as for goin off road i rarely ever do, sometimes up at my grandmothers property ill go in the woods just wanted to know if the scratches were noticable like they were on the silver bumper caps ...thanks again
I believe the window trim can be replaced...in fact, I think a few members here have removed the black "sticker" trim and decided they like the look with out it.... under that "trim" is the paint that covers the rest of the FJ...

Personally, I would replace it after it starts to look really bad, but a few "lines" here or there on the black door trim is par for the course when off-roading in any brush.

As far as the bumper caps...well, they too are obviously replaceable---in fact, I have a '10 TT and I will eventually replace the whole bumper, probably with aftermarket bumper and winch...

Bottom line for me...I like the blacked out look much better than the silver "parts", so, I too, say go for it!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I sold my TT bumper wings & rear valance when I replaced my bumper. The wings had some small pitting but not bad at all, but I only had about 12k miles on it when I sold them. Have you looked into THIS thread & considered doing this? I couldnt see spending 1100 dollars on just the plastic parts involved in doing the conversion. But I was very happy with how my rear valance turned out after painting it with bed liner coating when I installed my hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts