Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINALLY HAD SOME TIME TO TAKE PICTURES. FINALLY PAINTED THE FRONT BLING PLATE!!! SO MUCH BETTER.

:rocker:

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Looks great! One question, are the interior panels color matched white? I heard they were black. Any other interior changes?
they are white and it looks pretty cool. I dont have one but crawled through one and it looks great

·
Registered
887 Posts
lookd good..what paint did you use on the bront bezle
i would like to paint my skid plate also...
it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb with the silver look.

·
Registered
852 Posts
FINALLY HAD SOME TIME TO TAKE PICTURES. FINALLY PAINTED THE FRONT BLING PLATE!!! SO MUCH BETTER.
:
Cool artistic pic...

Wonder why Toyota left the part of the bumper around the hitch area silver?? Isn't that the only silver on the TT SE?

Very nice looking rig, I want one!!

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, All Tt's Have The Silver Bling Plates And Rear Silver Hitch. The All Black Was A Prototype And Didn't Make It Through In Production. As For The Paint I Used For The Front, It's Rustoleum Semi-gloss Black, Works Very Well. Also The Inside Panels Are White To Match And The Shift Knobs Are Awesome!! Upgrades Coming In Shortly...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah, All Tt's Have The Silver Bling Plates And Rear Silver Hitch. The All Black Was A Prototype And Didn't Make It Through In Production. As For The Paint I Used For The Front, It's Rustoleum Semi-gloss Black, Works Very Well. Also The Inside Panels Are White To Match And The Shift Knobs Are Awesome!! Upgrades Coming In Shortly...
I love my TT also....the white touches on the dash and doors along with the shifters add a nice touch...and it still has that rugged look...
im definitely gonna do the skid plate...i was thinkin rustoleum before you posted..thx for the heads up...

·
Registered
93 Posts
NICE......i like the black rims
The Silver plastic cover over top of the hitch, I believe, is an oversight on Toyota's part. It comes as part of the hitch package, and the color is matched for a standard FJ. My dealer cut and fitted a black one for my hitch (I don't know what they used, and it's not "perfect". but ok for now), and gave me the silver one that came with the hitch. I'll paint that, and put it on. I'm also going to black out the skid pates

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ps, I've been trying to resist the "mod" bug, as the TT is pretty much everything I need for my usage, and I really like the understated and overall attractive look of the vehicle.

But it seems resistance is futile. I like those lights, and of course I'll need a brush guard

here we go

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've never painted anything, so forgive the stupid question, but what kind of prep did you have to do before painting the skid?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Silver plastic cover over top of the hitch, I believe, is an oversight on Toyota's part. It comes as part of the hitch package, and the color is matched for a standard FJ. My dealer cut and fitted a black one for my hitch (I don't know what they used, and it's not "perfect". but ok for now), and gave me the silver one that came with the hitch. I'll paint that, and put it on. I'm also going to black out the skid pates
here's a pic of what the dealer did

Attachments

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
taking off the bling plate is easy, remove like 5 bolts, the clean with a damp cloth, and start put some cardboard or newspaper underneath and spray away til fully covered and retouch as necessary. Took about hr total for spray and dry and screw back on...

·
Registered
93 Posts
taking off the bling plate is easy, remove like 5 bolts, the clean with a damp cloth, and start put some cardboard or newspaper underneath and spray away til fully covered and retouch as necessary. Took about hr total for spray and dry and screw back on...

Thanks. That I can do. A very cheap and effective mod. I wonder if I can do the same thing with the Sliver plastic cover, or if I need to sand and prime it first. I guess it depends on how good I want it

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just scored five matte black TT rims for my VB FJC!!!.......I am stoked as I
think these look great on the TT's FJ......was wondering if the factory BFG A/Ts rub at all when you turn the wheel hard left or right?....i was planning on getting P265/75R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires for it......also how is the noise level?

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Rubbing Issues Whatsoever, Running The 265's, Wanted To Go Up To 285's With A Leveling Kit Later Down The Road. Also The Smoothiest Ride Ever, No Noise!!! And Handles Great..way Better Than My 4runner...cheers On The Black Trd's...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts