Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TT FJ. My dealer claims there is no black trim panel available for the trailer hitch, only silver.
I find this hard to believe...

Any experience?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
It's odd...My 2010 TT is the same way. Only silver plastic on the whole thing...

I think for 150 bucks I would paint it or something though. I have not done anything with mine yet because I think I am going to get a aftermarket bumper at some point.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
There's a wiring harness that goes along with this, right?

What's the part number?

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Before the 2011 models what you got was; no OEM hitch, then you got a black or silver to match. If you got the OEM hitch option then it was silver only, which sucks when you have a TT.

I was hoping that one of our Toyota forum vendors would offer to cough up the part number for the 2011 black one that fits the OEM hitch, but it seems you can't order it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yea... i really dont want to spay paint the silver one black. I may have to.
I did. Scuffed, used plastic adhesion promoter, and painted with Duplicolor bumper paint. Matches perfectly and the finish holds up just fine.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
yup, 7 bucks for paint n sand paper or 150 bucks for the same thing that someone else painted. Hmmm
Not to take away from the businesses that do get the OEM stuff, I'm just sayin, math isnt my strong suit, but this is just obvious. not to mention I scuffed that thing up so many times and even ripped it off on trail twice.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Guys,

The $156.00 is for the hitch that comes with the black panel.

Let me see if I can get a part number for just the panel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do not see the part number pt228-35110 come up in Toyota parts catalog? Do you guys just spray it black in house?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes this is the Genuine Toyota oem accessory hitch, with the panel painted black with the cut out. p/n pt228-35110.
For 150? thats not bad at all. My FJ doesnt have a hitch, and with a black panel cover makes the deal even sweeter.

I thought the OEM hitch ran like $250. Without the cutout.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts