Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the remedy is simply torquing the bolts, why is the dealer waiting for over 4 days now to make this repair before they will release my vehicle to me?
I guess by the time I actually get my new FJ, I can apply for antique tags.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
If the remedy is simply torquing the bolts, why is the dealer waiting for over 4 days now to make this repair before they will release my vehicle to me?
I guess by the time I actually get my new FJ, I can apply for antique tags.
A wild guess, I hope it doesn't happen to me or to you or to anyone else - one effect is for the loose bolt to bend and therefore would need replacement, worse if the thread where it is placed is also affected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It would apply to all FJ's that have received the post production option of TRD shocks and struts, depending on the port of entry that did the install.
This is the trouble with post production options, the actual design engineers do not approve or oversee the parts or install process. These add ons are done by Toyota Motor Sales. TMS focuses on making money, not necessarily quality or customer safety.
This is why PPO parts are so costly. The customer pays for the vehicle to be built by the factory, then TMS has to pay for parts and labor at the various ports to install their extras.
Most factory components that are retrofitted with TRD or any other extra, are simply scrapped. So basically the customer pays for the factory part, then they also pay for the upgrade part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have looked up my VIN on the website. No open issues on my vehicle.
The dealership will not release my vehicle but others are driving around with issue waiting for a letter to arrive at their home sometime in September. Seems as if everybody is not on the same page, or even in the same book. Lol

·
Registered
954 Posts
My fj TT arrived at the dealer this morning and the recall was taken care of this morning also. Just got back from picking it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, sounds like your dealer is on top of things. I may go pay my dealer a visit in the morning. If something positive doesn't happen, I might jut tell them to keep it. I am sure another dealer will be eager to earn my business.

·
Registered
954 Posts
What state do you live in Alien? If you don't mind me asking.
NC. Collier, I don't understand why it took so long for your dealer to come through with a new TT. They are all over the place at the dealerships in the south. You might have to drive a few hundred mile depending on where you live, but go online and check out the dealers in NC and especially Ga.

·
Premium Member
13,253 Posts
Thanks for sharing guys, wonder if this applies to Canadian FJs as well
Doubt it, this recall is from Toyota USA. Toyota Canada is a separate identity, they would have to generate their own recall.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got ours done last week. If bolts are loose you should get a 4 wheel alignment. Service manager put down that mine were loose alignment was out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
TTUE Recall

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2014/08/29/114767-toyota-announces-recall-certain-fj-cruiser-vehicles.html

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Damn these TTUEs. Coughing engines, steering wheel shake, mismatched dildo shifters, the wrong hitch, Cadaver Blue, and now the ****ing steering wheels are falling off! Sounds like the same POS FJs the snot-sleeved poor people down in stowage bought, only they paid thousands less!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: 2014 TTUE Recall?

I have to 2010 TT 4x4AT It was the first one I drove before purchase. Bought it in Oct 2010.

So I was looking for a new vehicle in 2010 and I didn't like what was out there. At first, being a union member, I wanted American made in America. I liked Ford because they didn't take bailout money. Couldn't find anything in the dealership that motivated me. Nothing at Chevy, nothing at Chrysler.

Then I thought I might get one of those european luxury cars or trucks, but I'd have to get one a few years old that I could afford. I again, didn't find anything that motivated me. I was having this discussion with Dave one day while driving, and a FJ Cruiser passed us on the highway. I had forgotten about them. I was intrigued when I first saw one when they first came out.

I went straight to the dealership and drove the one I own today. They wanted to close the deal that day, of course. I didn't have any idea, hadn't done any research, didn't know about finance or trade in... Not today.

Over the next few weeks, I went and drove trade ins, other new with Dunlop tires and stock rims. Then I would drive my TT and I just kept coming back to that one. I liked the way it rode and handled on the Goodrich AT's and the way it looked on the TRD bead look wheels. Black and Tan, just like warm beer.
SOLD!

Wouldn't you know it, a few months later a TPMS recall came out. They changed out my module and reset the tire pressures. Then added the new piggy back door frame sticker. My 2010 TT then rode and handled like all the other used FJ's that I didn't care for. I was pissed, I got used to it after a while, but I was unhappy then.

The whole premise was that the TRD wheels and the TPM's did not communicate because of the set up... BS! I can remove a TPM wheel and drive 25 miles for over an hour before that TPMS junk knows I lost a wheel.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts