Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: 2014 TTUE Recall?

Now, looking at the sticker posted above (just like mine), they don't like the spare being serviced to the same pressure? Huh? How's the TPMS junk gonna like that when there is a low tire on the vehicle?

BTW the TT had a piggy back sticker installed because of the body, frame, weight, load changes due to TRD mods. I removed mine and stuck it in the dash glove box door before the recall so I could see the changes when they installed the new sticker.

I hate when a 30-40 thousand dollar vehicle is junked up by some dolt who doesn't care enough to install something like an "warning/attention" sticker or the dealership logo straight and centered. Looks like little kids work there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: 2014 TTUE Recall?

I was at the dealership the other day getting some parts, and I saw two 2014 TTUE's in the service lot (1mi down the road from sales lot). On the hood of one of them, written in sharpie on the plastic covering, says "Stop Sale For EOX Recall". I asked the service manager, he didn't know anything about it, didn't even know it was there. Anybody heard of this?
I have a TTUE 2014 that I bought 3 months ago. I have about 6000 miles on it. Last week the transmission started to Slip and it wouldn't shift to fourth or overdrive. I took it to the dealer and they said the transmission is gone and needs to be replaced. I asked the tech what the problem was with the transmission and why did hit break down. He wouldn't tell me he said that they are not allowed by Toyota to say what the issue is. Could this be it?? Why would they not tell me what went wring or which part of transmisiion broke down. The messed up part is they are Putting REMANUFACTURED TRANSMISSION on it rather than New. Interesting to find out why?

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Stopped by the Toyota Store to dry my TTUE after a car wash and I looked at the new TTUE that they have sitting there for sale.
Turns out they painted the fasteners pink for the front and rear shocks indicating that the campaign was done.
I looked at mine and it turns out that the they painted mine last weekend when I had in for service.
I rechecked the bill and the Warranty hours for the TSB did not show up.
Someone earlier was curious what got torqued; so I attached the PIC's.
Hope this helps….gm

Attachments

Reactions: FJ Moose

·
Registered
9 Posts
14 TT UE Recall coming

From an Email received at work: Toyota plans to conduct a voluntary safety recall of approximately 1,800 Model Year 2014 FJ Cruiser vehicles.

The involved vehicles are equipped with an optional “Trail Teams Ultimate Edition” package, which includes specialized suspension components and Active Traction Control. In some of these vehicles, the two bolts attaching the front lower ball joint to the steering knuckle might have been tightened with insufficient torque when the new front shock absorbers and springs were installed. In this condition, one or both bolts could become loose during driving and potentially fall out. If both bolts were to fall out, the front lower ball joint could detach from the steering knuckle causing a loss of steering control.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Re: 14 TT UE Recall coming

There is another thread on this some where I have already had mine checked and it was fine

Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts

Mine was checked and released 8/31.

·
Registered
145 Posts

If you look under the car, any part that was installed at the port will be marked in pink removable paint. It is located on the nuts and bolts for the shocks, rock rails, TRD exhaust, skid plate etc. I have not receive a recall notice but checked the affected bolts, all were tight.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Forsooth, I thought only the unwashed masses of non-UE FJ's were meant to suffer the injustices of recalls.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts

i guess the tt"ue" isn't so "ue" muahahah!!!! Guess youre just as good as the rest of us
lol...

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts

Took my TTUE in for oil and rotation and the Toyota Store did the Campaign with out even listing it on the receipt.
The torqued the front and rear shocks and springs and painted the fasteners pink with a paint stick.
Not much of a campaign as campaigns go!
PIC's to follow…..gm

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts

Took my TTUE in for oil and rotation and the Toyota Store did the Campaign with out even listing it on the receipt.
The torqued the front and rear shocks and springs and painted the fasteners pink with a paint stick.
Not much of a campaign as campaigns go!
PIC's to follow…..gm
PIC's attached….gm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Dealer says my VIN is not included in the recall.

When did you get your TTUE? I'm guessing this probably involves the first 1800, but it could also be the last 1800. Or (less probably) 1800 in the middle. But it might give us a clue to there in the 2500 our TTUEs are -- first 1800 or last 700 for instance. (Like it matters, but I'm just curious.)

(Posted from the waiting area of the Toyota dealer while my TTUE is being checked for this.)

Attachments

41 - 60 of 77 Posts