Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
What I'm wondering is the opposite. Is the VIN range of recalled vs. non-recalled TTUEs listed anywhere? Not a single VIN lookup, but a list.
I also inquired in my dealership, they know nothing of a list existing. The recalled vehicles though seemed already in their system even without the owners checking their information in the VIN lookup. I was also expecting a formal letter (email or otherwise) directly from Toyota issued to affected owners. Just plain courtesy on their part, but did not receive any (to date).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum. I have a 2014 trail team and my string wheel is bouncing wile driving on the highway. Wile Turing it bounces hard. I took it in and the guy in service never hear of the problem. The toyota tech drove it and it did the same to him. After two days it was ready and the service writer said they got most of it out. Tries were way! Out of blance and alignment was perfect. I told them it want it fixed, completely not close as you can get it! When I got home I called toyota and filed a complaint. They said they will call the dealer and take care of the problem. Toyota also told me there was a recall , something my dealer admitted affter I told them.
Now after getting it back the streeing is so tite that the streeing wheel won't came back to straight on its own. I'm waiting for Toyota to get back to me as they said they would, in around 48 hours.
Anyone else have this happen? It's really pis pissing me off.

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took the FJ TTUE in for service this morning. I just walked outside and there is no pink paint on the nuts. They said mine wasn't included in the recall. Bought it in April in Georgia so it came through Jacksonville, FL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought my 2014 TTUE on 25 Sept 2014 from Pedersen Toyota in Fort Collins, Colorado

Looked up the VIN on TSB and no outstanding recalls listed

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went to the dealership to check out my TTUE and nothing was wrong with the bolts. I was expecting this since my bolts were already marked with pink when I made the purchase back in May. I found it strange that some of the owners’ pictures who purchased before me did not have the pink markings. Nevertheless, I asked the service advisor for the torque specifications and he gladly printed out a copy for me. The PDF contains exactly what the technician did. I figure I join the forum and make this information available since this forum helped me out a lot. Hopefully my first post is of value since I have been a long time “creeper”….lol

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just as a FYI, I finally received the recall notification in the mail. I assume others should be receiving it shortly, if they did not already.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Got my notice in the mail Monday and took the Fj in today for the fix.
I bought the truck on Sept 1

I called Toyota customer care line about 3 weeks after buying the truck and had them run the VIN for the recall. They said that nothing came up for the ball joint issue or any other issue.
I had it in for a service check up a few weeks ago and at that time I asked about the recall, they ran my VIN and no recall came up.

I'm not sure why some came up for recall right away, even before delivery to customers and mine did not come up till latter?

Took about 2.5 hours at the dealer with the alignment. The truck drives great and did so as well before the fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2008 FJ Trail Teams, few years ago Toyota sent me a sticker to replace the original that has pressure for LT265/75/R16 240 kpa, 35 PSI, not sure what the original tire pressure sticker said. Tire pressure sensor lite kept coming on after that (No one told me that was the reason then).
I received a recall notice for tire pressure sensor in the mail couple of years ago, went to a dealer they said they have to order parts, I went back and dealer service desk said they replaced it (I doubt that). I was getting the light on after that, finally talk to a dealer mechanic told me that pressure need to be 45 PSI. After that I maintained the tire pressure at 45 PSI and no issues with light after that.

Low pressure in tire caused the OEM Bridgestone’s(I like them) to wear unevenly, causing bad road noise and steering vibration (I think Toyota owe me a set of tires :)).

I replaced with Michelin LTX 2 tires beginning of this year and I am happy with them, they are a bit quite ( I drive 90% on highway)

·
Registered
943 Posts
I guess I spoke too soon. Received the recall letter in the mail a few days ago. Called and scheduled appointment. Here's what the VIN lookup site says now for me:
pretty much how it went for me as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, I got the recall notice both in the mail and at mytoyota .com, yet all the appropriate nuts and bolts have the pink paint spots. What's with that?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Okay, I got the recall notice both in the mail and at mytoyota .com, yet all the appropriate nuts and bolts have the pink paint spots. What's with that?
I also have those pink markers. They still have to re-torque those based on the recall campaign. Key here is, have it serviced just to make it sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have those pink markers. They still have to re-torque those based on the recall campaign. Key here is, have it serviced just to make it sure.

Got the FJ recall inspection done today. Service writer told me the bolts WERE out of spec and were tightened. The obligatory alignment was performed as well - the sheet showed the passenger side was considerably out. Since there is less than 2000 miles on it, no unusual wear on the tires.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts