Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are running out of topics and kind of in limbo til we get a price, just wanted to get a feel for how many people plan on the fj for being a daily driver and how many for just a weekend warrior (all should speak up, no judging on this thread)

I plan on it being a daily driver and getting some weekend time on the trails, when I have the time. Mostly mudding to start. I have on older Fj that I used for rock climbing and want to get couple payments in on my new Fj before I tear it up.

Also plan on using the Fj like a pick up with so much room in the back. Mine will have a removeable top (trust me :D )
I would like to get back into camping again and this is the perfect vehicle for that.

I was wondering if someone (ekool/granger) could set up a poll on how people plan on using their FJ (trails or daily driver)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Elvis, I mean bubbahotep I'm with you on being a weekend warrior. I have a 3 month old right now, so not much of that is happening right now. I'm going to get him into the outdoor things asap. Don't want him being a sissy boy. He needs dirt under his nails.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Daily driver. Need it for work, traveling to well sites in West Virginia. I put about 45,000 a year on a vehicle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll be taking this thing up to Tahoe and Montana to go skiing and out to Colorado for Mtn climbing and trail riding, trips on the sand to go surfing here in California and hopefully into some mud just for fun.-------everything else will be on road action, but only until I get to the fun stuff. Can't wait to plow this thing threw some snow drifts!

Anyone know what or where the daytime runner lights are?? Optional

·
Registered
233 Posts
daytime running lights just means that your lights are on when your car is on. You don't have to remember to turn them on or off.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My Limited Tundra had "running lights" which were smaller and lower than the regular lights. I think there's another term for when the headlights automatically come on when you're driving. If you look at the ARB bumper on the blue SEMA FJC, I think there are plastic inserts where running lights would go. Interesting thing is, if you look at Percy's full frontal shot of the yellow one in the gallery there doesn't look like there's a place for them. My "not Limited" Highlander has a place for them. The ugly All-New 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid I'm lookin at just above this text entry box has them.

So you guys in Greenville, ask about the running lights and where they might be hiding. Or if they're just going to be auto-on/off headlights that cost extra.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Everywhere I've ever seen daytime running lights before has referred to headlight that are always on when you drive. I don't know why anyone would pay extra for that as an option. I bet toyota just stuffed it in with the option package its in to make it look like you're getting more stuff.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My FJC will be both a Daily Driver and a Weekend Warrior.

The reason I selected the FJC as my next vehicle is the fact that it can do both well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pancho said:
My Limited Tundra had "running lights" which were smaller and lower than the regular lights. I think there's another term for when the headlights automatically come on when you're driving. If you look at the ARB bumper on the blue SEMA FJC, I think there are plastic inserts where running lights would go. Interesting thing is, if you look at Percy's full frontal shot of the yellow one in the gallery there doesn't look like there's a place for them. My "not Limited" Highlander has a place for them. The ugly All-New 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid I'm lookin at just above this text entry box has them.

So you guys in Greenville, ask about the running lights and where they might be hiding. Or if they're just going to be auto-on/off headlights that cost extra.
ok you have a good point. i have daytime lights and they're just the normal lights, no separate smaller lights. if i get to go i'll be certain to ask about it and report to all. still have not gotten an email from toyota telling me i won a pass and don't know if i'll be able to sneak in. in fact all i know is that it's gonna be somewhere in greenville next saturday. exact place and time are a mystery. have not seen it anywhere. if anyone knows then please share it with the world. thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FJC will be a daily driver, my only vehicle. 95% city/ interstate driving, with some deep sandy beach driving. Compared to the new Toyota FTX pickup truck, premiering August 2006, the FJC will have better gas mileage, wheelbase will fit into garages & parking places, and carry my long surfboards and gear more securely than the open bed of a pickup truck. Just hope the FJC's MSRP doesn't rise into Honda Ridgeline price range.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My fjc will be a daily driver and moderate offroader for me. I have a 2000
tacoma fully outfitted, winch, sliders, ect for the tougher trails that I plan
to keep indefinately. After seeing the fjc blue sema vehicle I am going to
have to splurge for that ARB front bumper, it just changes the whole
persona of the fjc. Now if I could get my fjc in tan with a diesel!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm going to use the FJC for just about everything. I live in a huge metropolis so I need something that behaves reasonably well on freeways, in parking lots, and stop and go traffic. Plus I have some property in the limestone hills west of San Antonio we call the Texas Hill Country that I plan on bouncing the FJC around on, and drag stuff around with. And since my property is 300 miles from where I'm sitting right now, and since I like to go out even farther west to Big Bend country, I want something that will cruise the interstate reasonably well and not get obscene gas mileage. I'm hoping the road noise isn't too bad. And I've got a 12 year old pre-Tacoma Toyota truck that I've been flirting with replacing for the last several years. And my oldest daughter will be driving in a couple of years. So I need a vehicle that's safe, affordable, capable, reliable, not too big but big enough that I can fit in, 4WD with IFS, auto tranny, air bags, sure why not a locker, and of course some nice tuneage. I might even put a sunroof and GPS in it.

I'm ready for the FJC.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
daily and trailblazin....like others, that's what's so appealing about this vehicle - you can take it anywhere and it will perform (assuming - until i can actually test the dang thang!) i've never much cared what i was driving before as long as it moved forward and didnt get stuck. however i want one of these things - but only msrp or lower. early adopters and suckers - go on and clear the way!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the "cool factor" is the appeal. I wager many vehicles can perform as well has the new FJ in 99% of buyer's daily challanges.

·
Registered
181 Posts
DocAltie said:
I think the "cool factor" is the appeal. I wager many vehicles can perform as well has the new FJ in 99% of buyer's daily challanges.

Yeah but 99% of the vehicles out there can't do what the 1% (fjc and others) can do when they want to go play. Cool factor added in, the real sell is that it goes that extra mile to make it really capable and ultimately makes almost all those other supposed SUV's look like poseurs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's whats really appealing about the FJ Cruiser, it is a moderately capable vehicle right from the factory and it is safe enough to take out on the road everyday and use it as a daily driver. You can have a lot of fun with a vehicle like this, and then drive home when you are done.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Daily driver but with extreme weekend warrior privileges. We only live about 4 hours to Moab about 8 to my favorite places in Colorado so it will road trip, camp, explore and dominate the parking lot at work. If I can talk the woman into a fishin' boat - it'll drag that, too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts