Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a spot light mounted on the rear of my fj. Could I just plug one into my trailer harness? I would need to get the pin that controls the backup lights on the trailer but is that it?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 4 pin connector just controls brake/emergencu flashers (same lights on the trailer), left/right signals (same lights as brake/flashers) & the "parking/driving lights"

No back up--if it's a bright light (havey amperage draw), you'd want to adda relay--Sounds like you need to actually tap into the reverse light circuit--if a later model, maybe tapping the power to the reverse cam is the easier way--

·
Registered
792 Posts

Easy mounting location.:cheers:
Nice spot-Don't mean to hijack, but I did a quick search of add on reverse lights and didn't come up w/ much--would love to see other ideas as that's my next mini-upgrade--I have an '07 so no BU cam--any suggestions as to the easiest place to tap into the BU light circuit is appreciated--and recommeded lights/BU beepers as well-

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't know if this helps you any, but I bought a 1 foot long "extension" basically from my local RV store. Had both the male and female 4 pin plugs, one on each end of the wires and it was only $3.19. I cut it in half and used it to replace a bad plug, but it might be of use for your project as well if you go forward with it.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts