Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the local Toyota dealer and asked about the cost of a trailer hitch. The price I was quoted was higher than the last time I checked. They also told me I needed a converter, $124.00, for the wiring harness. What is the purpose of the converter and do I really need it? The reason I need a trailer hitch is for a bike rack. Don't plan to tow anything. I have found a hitch online for $156.00 plus shipping when the dealer is wanting $240.00. Suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you can wait a couple of weeks, I'll sell you my hitch for $100. I have a Demello bumper on order and the stock hitch won't work with it. Can't sell my wiring though, because I tow a trailer with my FJ. You really don't need the wiring if you're not towing something with lights.

Rick

I called the local Toyota dealer and asked about the cost of a trailer hitch. The price I was quoted was higher than the last time I checked. They also told me I needed a converter, $124.00, for the wiring harness. What is the purpose of the converter and do I really need it? The reason I need a trailer hitch is for a bike rack. Don't plan to tow anything. I have found a hitch online for $156.00 plus shipping when the dealer is wanting $240.00. Suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate the offer but I found a local off-road place that has the hitch for $156.00 and then $50.00 to install. I'll save the install fee and do it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got new FJ and tried to order the OEM hitch and converter kit from Discount Toyota Parts.com. Ordered it then the next day I got an e mail saying they cant not fill the order because of a new Toyota policy not allowing them to sell accesories. What is going on here and any suggestions where to get them?

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts