Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one question. Our TT came with the towing package. Now does that mean it has all the wiring preinstalled or do I need to purchase some sort of a wiring/converter package. My trailer does not have any brakes.

My Taco came all wired up, plug and play, so all I needed was the correct 7 pin plug adapter.

It makes no sense to have a towing package and not include all the proper wiring for plug and play???

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have one question. Our TT came with the towing package. Now does that mean it has all the wiring preinstalled or do I need to purchase some sort of a wiring/converter package. My trailer does not have any brakes.

My Taco came all wired up, plug and play, so all I needed was the correct 7 pin plug adapter.

It makes no sense to have a towing package and not include all the proper wiring for plug and play???
I also have a TT with the trailer tow package. It does come with wiring and a 4 pin connector. The connector is under a cut out in the rear skid plate on the left side of the hitch. If you can't find your connector, let me know and I will try to take a picture of mine and post it.

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Actually, in certain cases it does. My FJ did not have the towing package. I don't tow a trailer with my FJ but I installed the hitch (without wiring) so I would have a convenient point to attach my tow strap via a D ring shackle.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a TT with the trailer tow package. It does come with wiring and a 4 pin connector. The connector is under a cut out in the rear skid plate on the left side of the hitch. If you can't find your connector, let me know and I will try to take a picture of mine and post it.
OK, I found it. duuhh:jester:

Actually, in certain cases it does. My FJ did not have the towing package. I don't tow a trailer with my FJ but I installed the hitch (without wiring) so I would have a convenient point to attach my tow strap via a D ring shackle.

DEWFPO
Good point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts