Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I ebayed a wiring harness for teh FJ. I just got it today and I have to tell you, that looks very very complicated to hook up. I bought one for my acura and it was plug it in, route the terminal near the hitch and you were done. This is 6 connectors, a fuse, fuse holder with a yellow wire loop, cable I have to run from the battery to the back...What gives? Is this the right one? Is there a simpler one where I just plug it in and it's done with out having to install a fuse run wire, etc....?

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are two different types of harnesses. You probably got the one I have. It is a lot easier than it looks. If you didn't get the directions let me know and I will e-mail them to you. Mine is NOT the one that is linked in Constantines entry.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
If it is the aftermarket one that says its for a Mazda then you need to go to the manufacturers website to download the directions, either way its pretty easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the other one looks very easy and more factory...I'm going to order one of those....

the one I have does say mazda on it. I know when I added one to my mdx, it was just one connection and I was done.

thanks guys...
Space

1 - 5 of 5 Posts