Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #122

Bob's trailer is really nice. I had the opportunity to see it in person and it's built well. Plus Bob is just a great guy.
Does anyone know how to get a hold of this guys or maybe a web site???

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here's some pictures of my little guy we bought used. I posted these in a previous thread

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Does anyone know how to get a hold of this guys or maybe a web site???
He's out of town for family stuff right now but should be back in the next week or so, I think. I would send him (skersfan) a PM if you haven't already. I'm sure he'll reply as soon as he sees it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Here are some pictures of our trailer (also built by skersfan):

•25 gallons of gas
•24 gallons water
•Running water from tank via pump
•ARB Fridge/Freezer
•Coleman instant hot water heater
•Camping Labs roof top tent
•Camping labs awning
•35" BFG A/T's on 17" FJ steelies
•Lock & Roll coupler
•Power inverter
•110v hookup for campgrounds
•2 Marine Grade batteries that charge via FJ alternator while plugged in
•Dexter torsion flex axle allowing 6"+ of travel
•Plenty of other stuff....

I've got pictures of it all set up somewhere...need to track them down.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
MAN that is a Damn nice Trailer!! Thanks for the info..

I have talked to him in the past and he did send my some pic's before but I lost all of his info and now I will send him a PM...

Pretty much everything you have is exactly what I want.. Thanks for the info..

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Well, I met skersfan in Banning the other day to take a look at his trailer and stopped at Adventure Trailer's shop in Upland today to look at their Chaser trailer. I decided to go w/the Chaser and put a deposit on one for delivery on or about the 1st week of December.

It's very expensive but will have everything I could ever want or need in a trailer and, since AT is well-established in the business, I won't have to worry about getting support from them if any warranty or other issues arise in the future. AT trailers are also a recognized "marque" and are easily resaleable.

Looking forward to traveling again to Death Valley after I pick it up in December to try it out. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Well, I met skersfan in Banning the other day to take a look at his trailer and stopped at Adventure Trailer's shop in Upland today to look at their Chaser trailer. I decided to go w/the Chaser and put a deposit on one for delivery on or about the 1st week of December.

It's very expensive but will have everything I could ever want or need in a trailer and, since AT is well-established in the business, I won't have to worry about getting support from them if any warranty or other issues arise in the future. AT trailers are also a recognized "marque" and are easily resaleable.

Looking forward to traveling again to Death Valley after I pick it up in December to try it out. :)

Congrats Marty!!!

Those are great trailers !! They are my first choice but like you said they are expensive.... I am sure they are worth every penny.. BUt I cannot justify it with myself nor do I have the cash right now... Maybe next year I will be a ble to get something..

looking forward to seeing it Marty!!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Boss & Corey:

Thanks for the congrats, but I've reconsidered and cancelled my order for now pending the resolution of some issues (financial and otherwise). :(

Still want the trailer but I'll have to decide if it's really worth the cost, given the likely use and the need to pay for other things that are a bit more pressing a the moment. Oh well . . . :shrug03:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Considering the way the Adventure Trailers acted towards Bob in the Expedition Portal fiasco I will never give my money to any AT product. They build a fine trailer, there is no doubt about it, but their representation in that matter did not reflect well on them IMO.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Considering the way the Adventure Trailers acted towards Bob in the Expedition Portal fiasco I will never give my money to any AT product. They build a fine trailer, there is no doubt about it, but their representation in that matter did not reflect well on them IMO.
I agree that go out of hand really quickly, but I think they landed on an ok note after that thread was locked and agreed to disagree, basically.

You really need to see a "Skersfan" trailer in person to see what true craftsmanship looks like.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Wow what happened???
As a total outsider, I can tell you what I learned during my recent trip.

AT claims that skersfan misrepresented himself as a potential customer while visiting AT's shop and "stole" the design for their Horizon trailer in order to build one of his own. After seeing both trailers, I can tell you that there are distinct similarities, but they are not identical. I don't know whether there is any "truth" to the allegation and I'm not taking "sides" either way.

I decided to go w/AT (and hope to follow through w/the purchase) because I wanted a Chaser (which is smaller than the Horizon & skersfan's trailers) and because I wanted to do business w/a company with a well established history in the business and a physical business location, each of which AT has but skersfan does not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a M762 trailer. It's a flat bed version of the M416. It was mostly used as a generator trailer. It's a pretty neat little trailer although I have more money in it than I anticipated and I still have some other things to do to it. We pulled it behind our Montero and then traded the Montero in on our new FJ. So, now I got to get the FJ rigged up with a pintle hitch. The 101 and 105 trailers are quite a bit bigger and heavier than the 416/762. Me and the Mrs. can muscle the trailer around but there's no way a couple of people can do that with a 101/105. Anyway, good luck, there are lots of cool trailers out there but some of them get expensive.
Jim
Tulsa
2008 FJ

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
As a total outsider, I can tell you what I learned during my recent trip.

AT claims that skersfan misrepresented himself as a potential customer while visiting AT's shop and "stole" the design for their Horizon trailer in order to build one of his own. After seeing both trailers, I can tell you that there are distinct similarities, but they are not identical. I don't know whether there is any "truth" to the allegation and I'm not taking "sides" either way.

I decided to go w/AT (and hope to follow through w/the purchase) because I wanted a Chaser (which is smaller than the Horizon & skersfan's trailers) and because I wanted to do business w/a company with a well established history in the business and a physical business location, each of which AT has but skersfan does not.
Cool thanks for the info.. I seem to remember something like that or maybe someone posted up somehting about that situation. Its familiar to me now that you told the story.. :bigthumb:

Yeah those are both good reason to buy from AT.. But I do Like what Skersfan has put together..

With all the drama that does on in these forums I am thinking about canceling my cable and watching it nightly..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just kidding .. I could never give up Speed TV.. I just have to seem my F1 races :bigthumb::bigthumb:

121 - 138 of 138 Posts