Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a possibility that I will be in Yuma, AZ this Sunday and Monday. Can anyone recommend a good easy to moderate trail to run? I'll be taking a detour to visit my daughter at the Marine base there on my way from Denver to Las Vegas for a business trip so I don't want to do anything that will get me stranded in the desert or cause damage to my FJ.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So pretty much anywhere in this region. I noticed no one replied to you, however on the off chance you come back out this way, there are fire trails all over the foothills just East of the base and around exits 10-14 on the interstate you can go North or South and there are washes everywhere to putt around on.

Source: I'm stationed in Yuma as well.

·
Registered
972 Posts
If sand is your thing, there is plenty of it in the Yuma area. If you head west down the 8 freeway a few miles, you will run into the tail end of the Glamis sand dunes. You will need a whip on the FJ if you plan on venturing out in the dunes. It will be very hot in that area this time of year as I am sure you are aware. Guess my post is a little late :( Well, if you are in this area again....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts