Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Trail Teams should be Toyota's version of the FJ similar to what Ford has done with the F-150 Raptor. Sure have it at least $10k more expensive than a standard FJ but deck it out, put the FJ brand name out there with attitude and inspire more FJ enthusiasts.
Funny, but I was just thinking the same thing.

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
The last TT with the upgraded JBL stereo was the 2011, it was in the brochure/website for the 2012 but I think they accidentally left it off. It's a pretty decent upgrade for a factory radio. I'm not sure why they don't put it on the new TT's, it seems like that version should have all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sold my White FJ TT to get a Tundra. :mecry: I was killing the FJ towing a 20ft. flatbed with antique tractors. The Tundra handles that with ease.
But I miss the FJ baaad. Tundra is no fun at all compared to the FJ. I hope they continue to make the FJ so when I get $$$s again I can return to the fold.:wave:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
They switched from sonar to the back-up camera in the rear-view mirror (which would be big enough to be useful if it was on an in-dash navi).

And as for the stereo, the last TT that had the upgraded unit was the 2011. The 2012 was supposed to have it too (per the brochure) but it got left off. I'm betting that this was an oversight at the factory (kinda like the 2011 not-so-special-edition's) that they just didn't fix in 2013.

As a 2011 NSSE owner with the upgraded stereo, let me tell you it's pretty awesome for a factory setup, I just wish it had a navi.
I disagree about the rearview camera. I have the 2013 TT and the backup camera in the mirror works well. The green lines and redline tell you exactly what is in your path. Also, I back it up to a trailer l;ast weekend and was able to line up with the ball mount because of the view of that camera. I have a Prius that has a backup camera too on the big screen and I love them both. Try the backup camera, watch your green lines and it is a piece of cake!:simmadown:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't driven a rig with the sonar, I really like the backup camera in my 13 TT. :bigthumb:

While smaller than one displayed over a dash nav, I like the location much better. It let's you have 3/4 the rear view mirror to check yourself out beyond the range of the backup camera and I'm in more of a natural position for backing up (head up to check the mirror and it's easy to glance back vs staring down into the dash).

Too, the backup camera gives you a really good view of what's below your line of sight out the back window. I can see how the sonar would be nice, but I'd rather see what's behind me than just a warning something is there.

I have no problem parking just using the camera and guild-lines. However, I haven't tried it while backing down a steep hill or drop off, which I guess might be out of the camera's view.

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
I have a sore neck!:rofl:

I`m diggin the rear sonar, I`m diggin the rear camera, I modified the mount so I could see the ball mount for an easier hook up!:rocker:

at my age, my ears are blown out from to many loud concerts and heavy construction equipment/tools, so with that said the 2011 stereo is just fine...

FJ FTW!:cheers:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts