Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I understand Muddygrl will be there. The Trail Teams have invited her out because she is familiar with the Badlands. My sister, who lives in Taiwan is going to be home that Friday so my chances of being there won't be very good. In addition, I have several jobs I will be hammerin' to get done before I leave for the Summit. My chances of being there are verrrrrry slim. Hope everyone has a great time though.

If there were a way a mod could notify all forum members in the area the chances of huge attendance would be much greater.

·
Registered
199 Posts
should be interesting with all the rain this last week. those that go be sure to post up. In the all the time I lived near chi town I never made it down to badlands. maybe someday, for now I have the biggest playground, Utah. (not to rub it in)

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Yes, I'll be there! I fly in on Thursday to scout trails. And see what damage the rains have caused.
To anyone who hasn't been there, the Badlands is a great park with easy trails as well as some difficult ones. We never suffered any body damage there despite our best efforts!

The creek trail is just beautiful, too. And there are some really fun hill climbs.

Here are some pictures including the tornado that hit the area. :worried:

M

Kodakgallery.com Sign in to Kodakgallery.com

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not to sound stupid, but when I go to the site it reads like you will only be on the trails for a couple of hours each day. Is it an option to go out for both full days? The other concern I have is how crowded it may be due to the holiday weekend. I have never been there, is the turnout something to worry about? I am not a fan of crowded trails.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Rain at the Badlands isn't a big problem like it is at the Cliff's. The base of almost all the trails there is sand so it drains rather quickly. Just be careful of MY hole and MY tree on the Orange trail! John can show you those points of interest out to you as he giggles like a little girl! When in doubt, go to the LEFT!!!

If you go to the Trail Teams website sign up for notifications and you will get the invite like I did! It's a TT invitational event not a Blueroom event so that's why the mods prolly didn't post it here. I'd love to go but it's a little up in the air for me right now.

How come we don't get MuddyGirl out here for the Jamboree later in July? I'm sure she'd love to see the Cliff's in all of its muddy glory.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Rain at the Badlands isn't a big problem like it is at the Cliff's. The base of almost all the trails there is sand so it drains rather quickly. Just be careful of MY hole and MY tree on the Orange trail! John can show you those points of interest out to you as he giggles like a little girl! When in doubt, go to the LEFT!!!

If you go to the Trail Teams website sign up for notifications and you will get the invite like I did! It's a TT invitational event not a Blueroom event so that's why the mods prolly didn't post it here. I'd love to go but it's a little up in the air for me right now.

How come we don't get MuddyGirl out here for the Jamboree later in July? I'm sure she'd love to see the Cliff's in all of its muddy glory.
Maybe you need to put a bug in someone's ear....;)
I'd go. I never did get to the Cliffs!

M

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Maybe you need to put a bug in someone's ear....;)
I'd go. I never did get to the Cliffs!

M
John has enough "bugs" already. There's an ointment he uses but it doesn't seem to work with all that scratching he does.

I'll shoot him a PM on Mud and maybe have Gumby put the thumb screws on him as well.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Rut roh Relroy! I smell a fight. Oh wait that's me. I didn't shower yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just registered to go last night! I'm super excited as this is not only my first Trail Teams meet, but my first organized off road ride of any kind. For those going, once you sign up, does the Trail Team give you additional information about picking ride times and courses, and where we will be meeting up? I don't really want to just show up 4 1/2 hours from home to find out they're full and lost my registration. I'll be in the blacked out Sun Fusion with the 'FJ' on the spare cover painted yellow... -MXDan

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Welcome aboard MXD! The TT folks are a great bunch that will take their time with you. Just remember to follow their directions and when in doubt, stay to the LEFT! I can't urge that enough at the Badlands! lol

I need to get some wheelin' in soon before then!

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Because the trail team doesnt wheel anymore :ninja:
Oh, no, you DI'INT!

We will when I get to town! ;)

I just registered to go last night! I'm super excited as this is not only my first Trail Teams meet, but my first organized off road ride of any kind. For those going, once you sign up, does the Trail Team give you additional information about picking ride times and courses, and where we will be meeting up? I don't really want to just show up 4 1/2 hours from home to find out they're full and lost my registration. I'll be in the blacked out Sun Fusion with the 'FJ' on the spare cover painted yellow... -MXDan

Welcome aboard MXD! The TT folks are a great bunch that will take their time with you. Just remember to follow their directions and when in doubt, stay to the LEFT! I can't urge that enough at the Badlands! lol

I need to get some wheelin' in soon before then!
We'll be gentle. Promise!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh, no, you DI'INT!

We will when I get to town! ;)
to the badlands? or to the cliffs?

Because as they told me when I let them know a year ago about my event and the year before, "we are booked that weekend" probably more mt bike events :D

But you guys are more than welcome to come and get to know the cliffs. Its definatly a unique park!! Once you get in to the interior (off 1) it can get sporty.

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
to the badlands? or to the cliffs?

Because as they told me when I let them know a year ago about my event and the year before, "we are booked that weekend" probably more mt bike events :D

But you guys are more than welcome to come and get to know the cliffs. Its definatly a unique park!! Once you get in to the interior (off 1) it can get sporty.
Large events at The Cliffs do create some traffic jams if anything goes wrong (broken down pigs, rain, etc) so that may be one reason why Badlands is preferred ...just more space.

I've been to two events at The Cliffs with the Trail Teams, though, so it does happen :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Large events at The Cliffs do create some traffic jams if anything goes wrong (broken down pigs, rain, etc) so that may be one reason why Badlands is preferred ...just more space.

I've been to two events at The Cliffs with the Trail Teams, though, so it does happen :)
True. Last year I regret on discouraging trail one. We had too many people on that.

But back to the badlands (high jack over) move this discussion the, currently dead, CTJ 08 thread.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts