Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.....just finished my transmission cooler install....pics are below. I have a FJ with a supercharger, which limits the install options due to the amount of space the SC intercooler takes up....it takes all of the upper radiator area.

I chose a spot right below, which has a core support to connect to. I even used one of the holes in the core that already has a threaded hole, but I drilled a few more. I also crafted some braces for the lower support of the cooler. It is very solid mounted like this. I ran the hoses through the same AC line hole next to driver headlight that everyone seems to use.

This location still gets very good airflow, both through the bumper and from the radiator fan.

The cooler I chose is a Hayden 677, which fits this area perfectly. I know alot of folks use the 678, but it would have been a few inches bigger and would be lower than I prefer...but it would still probably work in this location. The 677 is plenty for my needs.

Full view, with cooler installed. The silver radiator is the SC intercooler....so you can see the space problem. The SC electric pump is smack in the lower middle area....which further congests the area.

Cooler

Simple brackets to support the lower part of the cooler

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Nice. I want to do this also. What front bumper do you have? I need to see if this will work with my Warn.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a stock front bumper. I'm not sure how a Warn bumper is arranged. In my second pic, you can see where the stock bumper mounts to the frame....I'm guessing the Warn bolts to this location also?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know this post is old as heck, but was wondering if you still have those photos to share? I'm in the same boat and need to get on the cooler as soon as the 7 pin and brake controller are finished. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I forgot to follow, so forgive the untimely reply. That URD intercooler is massive! Pretty sure it’ll need to go low/passenger side, just haven’t quite figured out how, yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts