Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So a while ago, it appeared that my transfer case was leaking. Toyota thought the same thing, and actually replaced the seal for me. Well, it turns out that chances are, it wasnt leaking. Since the little drips were still around, the tech digged a bit harder and found out that transfer sensor #3 was in fact leaking.

Does this sound like a typical FJ problem?

Even then, the service rep stated that the transfer sensors only have 3/36 warranty and are not covered on the 60k powertrain warranty. Is this true? Or do I have a little discussion here.

The good part is, they are acknowledging the fact that they didnt see this problem from the beginning, and are showing my transfer case as still "leaking". This is so that they will cover all of the labor to replace the sensor, but I have to pay for the part ($105.21).

Now, I have no problem paying just for the part, if infact, it isnt a 60 powertrain warrantable item.

Thoughts, opinions on this?

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That sounds odd to me. If I'm not mistaken the transfer case is part of the powertrain, and that switch has one primary (and only) function: to make the powertrain function properly.

I had one warrantied around ~40k due to some other issues, I'd at least get a second opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts