Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Nevada doesn't have a subform so I figure I would post up in the regional section. I just accepted a transfer from Denver to Las Vegas. Looks like my wife and I will be moving at the end of the month. Leaving Colorado will be hard but we are both looking forward to a new adventure.

I have done some research on places to live and we are leaning towards southwest Vegas since it will be close to my work but I'm open to recommendations or advice.

We are looking forward to meeting some fellow FJers and hitting some trails soon!

-Patrick :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Should be quite a shock going from Colorado to Vegas, but the upside is it looks like a great place to off-road. I wonder if you can still access Red Rock?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You`ll love offroading in the desert . Lots to explore out there. ......There should be tons of houses to choose from in Vegas.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You will like Vegas, and the south and southwest parts of town are good places to live. There are lots of nice places to enjoy your FJ off-road.

I have been out with the folks from Vegas FJ Cruisers many times, but since they've gone almost completely to Facebook (of which I am not a member), I haven't been able to join them.

George

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be quite a shock going from Colorado to Vegas, but the upside is it looks like a great place to off-road. I wonder if you can still access Red Rock?
You`ll love offroading in the desert . Lots to explore out there. ......There should be tons of houses to choose from in Vegas.
It will be a big change since I have lived in Colorado my whole life. At least flights back are only $15 each way! I'm excited to have the opportunity to do some desert wheeling. That will be a fun change. I may see a long travel set up in my future.

You will like Vegas, and the south and southwest parts of town are good places to live. There are lots of nice places to enjoy your FJ off-road.
Thanks for the input! We have a few options and are trying to narrow it down.

Hey man, Vegas FJC is about the biggest, safest, and most active group in the state.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vegasfjcruisers/

Join up and let us know when you get into town!
Thanks for the link. I'm hoping my schedule will be a little better in Vegas that Denver. I haven't been able to hit any trails in over 8 months. Starting to mall crawl so I need to get back out. :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just started to look into this but are there any vehicle requirement or inspection requirements that I should know about i.e. can't have a broken windshield or have to have mud guards installed. Colorado is pretty relaxed about vehicle requirements so I don't want to be caught off guard when I go for my emissions test and registration.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just started to look into this but are there any vehicle requirement or inspection requirements that I should know about i.e. can't have a broken windshield or have to have mud guards installed. Colorado is pretty relaxed about vehicle requirements so I don't want to be caught off guard when I go for my emissions test and registration.
I had a past cars registered there since I was living there at the time & no its pretty chill a lil less than cali, if u do recall u have to smog every year but it's cheeper than cali (well depends where u go here im cali) as for car inspection it's pretty much the same as cali. U wheels can be poking with out an issue.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
There are no such equipment requirements oir restrictions.

As stated, smog checks once a year if you live in Clark County (next door Nye County has no smog check and no additional government taxes). The registration fee is based on the value of the vehicle.

There are some window tint restrictions but that is not part of the annual registration process.

George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts