Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp after getting a transmission flus Friday my 2007 started acting up. It was a gradually progressive surge then engage between 2nd and 3rd and would “clunk” when I came to a stop. Then one Yesterday I got the “Christmas Tree lights” (CEL) in my dash (check engine, VSC, ABS, etc). After Ran an initial code scan and the following trouble codes were read; P2714 Pressure Control (SLT) Solenoid D Performance Stuck Off. Has anyone experienced that before? If so what was your fix?

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,891 Posts
How many miles? my best guess is the torque converter is FUBAR

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
X2 on the above ^^^ ... everything you've described can be related to low fluid level, especially likely if there were no transmission problems before your home-flush.

Make SURE you are checking fluid level via the transmission overflow port with the vehicle level, transmission fluid at operating temperature, and with engine idling, If no fluid flows out when you unscrew the overflow plug, slowly add fluid until it dribbles out the overflow port.

Background info:
How many miles on the odometer?
When was the last time the transmission fluid was serviced?
How many times in the vehicle's life has the ATF been changed?

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
If the trans is overfilled the fluid will foam up. This causes lower line pressure and the SLT Solenoid code sets. Common problem when overfilled.

Reactions: bazross
1 - 5 of 5 Posts