Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have 2009 automatic fj, m having a issue with gear shifting only while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear it has jerk on high rpm only After that all gear changing smoothly. For example If drive normally there is no problem but if I try to go faster then it has jerk, the more faster you go the more hard jerk you feel. I’ve checked by computer there are no codes. Transmission oil filter changed 10-15k km before. Mechanics are unable to diagnose the problem.
plz help
And sorry for my bad English ☹
thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
We own 2007 and 2008 Automatics, and no jerking as gear changes occur. Your post is unclear - you say no problem when driving "normally." Yet a problem trying to go "faster." Faster can mean a lot of different things - perhaps describe what you do when there is no jerk, and what it takes to create the jerking gear change. With no other evidence, it seems you simply are pushing the vehicle into a hard, rapid acceleration.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Check the transmission fluid level.

A transmission with low fluid level may shift fine under mild acceleration, but under heavy acceleration the fluid sloshes towards the rear of the transmission pan, the pump starts sucking in some aerated fluid, and shifting becomes erratic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts