Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
i dunno about the mileage figures in the mid 20s. as much as i would like that to be true, i expect it will be somewhere in the high teens maybe low 20s if im lucks. considering how i drive, it will probably end up lower than that anyway...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, honestly I won't get whatever they say it will get either. I have an affliction that causes me to romp on the gas everytime I get the chance. Doesn't do me any favors as far as saving me money, but to quote a very wise woman I know, "If you're not the lead elephant, the view never changes..."

That and after leading convoys of 5-tons for an artillery unit in the Corps, I can't stand following people.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
yeah, i hear that, sucking dust mixed with jp8 fumes is never fun...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well at Papa battery 5/14 it was sucking road grime and fumes, mixed with salt to control the snow and muddy crud from melted snow... either way, let me be out in front. I don't like playing follow the leader.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
where are the 14th marines located, lejune or japan, 'cuz if there used to be snow here on pendleton i am totally being robbed!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
It was a reserve unit boss in Aurora Colorado maybe Arvada, but I think Aurora. We used to convoy to Fort Carson in Colorado Springs to play with the big guns, then drive em back home.

I really hated that whole experience. Some of us are just not cut out to take orders.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
i know what you mean, it gets old after a while... Its a unique experience though!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Truly. Where else do you get trained to kill people and forced to push your body so far past it's physical limits that it's not funny while still getting paid ¢.75 an hour?

Okay, bad joke, but not far from the truth.

I miss playing with the big beautiful guns. I liked it that Uncle Sam picked up the tab for me to blow through thousands and thousands of rounds of 7.62 and 5.56. That was fun. That, and I still haven't found a gun shop willing to sell me a MK19.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
actually i get like 2.36 an hour now; i guess all those raises have been making a difference.

good luck, i get to play with them pretty frequently (mk19), definately a fun toy, but i dont see alot of them getting into the hands of civilians for some reason. Not to mention that the ammo runs about $7 per round (HE) thats a pretty spendy item for execrising some road rage vengance on cellphone-talking-non-driving-soccer-moms whos husbands have too much money and not enought sense.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I would have to agree with you again. But imaging the look on their face when that barrel poked out the window! I bet they'd hang up and drive...

Guaranteed nothing small would ever cut you off again. Besides it's still cheaper per round than the surface to air option I have been trying to build under the front bumper of the F150. Trying to control a wire-guided missile while driving a stick in heavy traffic isn't easy at all!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
just put a little thumb stick on the top of the gearshift knob, and you could use one of those bling rear view mirrors with the TV in it as the display...

·
Registered
38 Posts
badroom said:
The Hemi is all hype. I have a 05 Tundra and they can’t touch it. But I have trouble getting past the gas pumps too!
Exactly, they just came out with the name so the redneck types would get a hard-on. I've read that the new so called "hemi's" do not have "true" hemispherical combustion chambers. http://www.automobilemag.com/news/0407_hemi/

Nothing but marketing BS. The truth is in the numbers, the real-world performance.

As for the new Tundra, yeah that thing moves. Now TRD needs to figure out the V8 supercharger problem, slap one of those on and you have some serious power.

D

21 - 33 of 33 Posts