Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the most random, and heaviest downpoor i have ever experienced, i am finally home.

I was sitting in the bank parking lot, compiling all of my tip's from this week when it starting raining like hell. The streets were flooded with a 2 inches of water like that (remember, we are in the desert known as socal (it rains like.. 3x's a year, during the winter)). I head home, while the whole 1.5 mile trip, it looks a bit like THIS.. just no where near as deep.

And as you all know, the fun must always be spoiled. I feel this cool, wet sensation all over my foot and leg (no.. if i pee'd myself it would be hot). lo and behold there is water leaking from underneath the fuse block!!! HOLY OH NO! So i gun it for the gas station to get under cover, and there i notice the soaked headliner around the a-pillar. DRIPPING wet. I dried what i could there, and as soon as the rain stopped i headed home. What should have been a 15 minute trip turned into almost an hour of hanging out at the gas station. Let me tell you.. there is absolutely nothing to do at a gas station.

Basically.. It's my fault. I thought i did a good job of sealing the rack mounts but i obviously failed, BIG time. But let that be lesson.. Properly seal your new roof rack mounts!!!

Now I'm sitting inside the FJ with a hair dryer cooking the headliner..:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I really like the title of your thread Dom. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
You shouldnt of needed to seal them if the steel cup washers with rubber inside were installed properly. hmm. I'm thinking i'm gonna seal mine tonight just in case.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You shouldnt of needed to seal them if the steel cup washers with rubber inside were installed properly. hmm. I'm thinking i'm gonna seal mine tonight just in case.
My guess is i overtightened it and it squeezed out the rubber seal..rendering it useless. I think i just need more caulking.

The rest of the headliner back is perfectly dry.

·
Registered
670 Posts
We've been flooding all day due to spring runoff combined with the fact that we have received 1/5 of our annual rainfall between last night and today. I actually checked my headliner at lunchtime but I'm going to check again. Sorry to hear Dominic.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: I can't get past the title.

sorry bud, hope nothing really bad happened.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The extreme vertically challenged would find your title offensive. But they wouldn't be in here anyway. I mean, can you just see a midget scrambling to get into an FJ?
:rofl:
I bet they could see the red light:lol:, at 6'5" I have to climb on my dash at some lights.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Get that thing sealed up Dom!!!!! It is pouring here, AGAIN! My new Mother's Day 285s sure came in handy today for sure! I found some black, roofing sealant in the caulk section at Home Depot that would probably do the trick. Used it to seal our son's F150 windshield trim. Did the trick. It was put out by 3M.

Kim

·
Registered
851 Posts
Poor Dom! Looks like you really are having a poopy day. Hope it gets better, buddy!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Oh, that sucks!!!!:lol: I could just imagine what someone would do alone in a gas station with nothing to do for an hour.:zzz::lookaround:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was expecting you to be at Holy Jim after the down pour. :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts