Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its' price is around $399. I have no idea about the HP gain nor what kind of filter it uses. I have the old TRD CAI for 2008. The question is, would it need a throttle body spacer?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Msrp $475 from my dealership, but Trdsparks.com has it for $395.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I too am keen to know if it uses the same Hi flow TRD drop in filter element they were selling as an upgrade to the OE CAI on 2010 and up.

If the filter element is the same then it might just make more sense to just buy the tube connecting the CAI box to the Throttle body and swap it with the OE tube that has the baffles.

Now if the filter is conical or even a pan shaped one, which judging by the shape of the top of the box it appears to be then there might be more filter surface area so more air can be sucked in.

Does anyone have actual power and torque figures or even the graphs for this CAI ? Cant find them on the net

·
Registered
446 Posts
Filter is flat on the new TRD CAI, not conical.

OH OK...I was under teh impression it ws a dished kind ...saw soem pictures someplace.

So if its flat the next question is does it share the same part number, or is itthe same as the hi flow drop in they were selling as an upgrade to the OE filter on the 2010 and up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
its nice, but not 400 dollars nice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
$100 per extra HP...not sure about this equation.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Now that this has been release, has anyone done a comparison between the oem and the new trd cai to justify the purchase ? What are the difference and horsepower gain ?:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I couldn't find any comparison on HP & torque gain. It was released just few days ago.

I like mine too :bigthumb:
Thats precisely teh point....there is NO information available on the HP / Torque gains on any website or anywhere else. Event the TRD wensite is silent on this.

Why the secrecy ????? Is it becuse teh gains are not much to speak of ?

I too loved my 08 TRD CAI but the love affair was abruptly cut short when my poor ride passed away (RIP) So now I have a 2010 and recently fell in love the the K & N 77 Series in the absence of the TRD CAI

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thats precisely teh point....there is NO information available on the HP / Torque gains on any website or anywhere else. Event the TRD wensite is silent on this.

Why the secrecy ????? Is it becuse teh gains are not much to speak of ?

I too loved my 08 TRD CAI but the love affair was abruptly cut short when my poor ride passed away (RIP) So now I have a 2010 and recently fell in love the the K & N 77 Series in the absence of the TRD CAI
Then you have to wait Ahmed :p

Since the filter is flat, dont expect the same performance as the old CAI (07-09).

1 - 20 of 85 Posts