Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my TRD CAI on my 2007 TRDSE at 27K.
At 103 K, I noticed that the red neoprene coupling hose under the shroud had excessive cracking and the clamps were digging in to the soft and obviously deteriorated hose material.
The other one that connects the air box and filter to the tube that connects to the intake was cracked on the under side.
The good news is that the cracks and deteriorating condition had not developed into a leak for dust and debris.
For $38, I ordered a new pair of couplers and for $38 more I got a back up pair.
There are alot of hoses and couplers that Toyota could have used that withstand alot more heat than an intake on an FJ, so check your TRD CAI for cracks- a dusted engine could result if you do not...................gm

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please post part numbers and where to order from for future reference. :cheers:
I have a 2007 TRDSE with a TRD CAI.
The coupler kit is part # PTR05-35072
Description TRD Coupler Kit

The coupler hoses are bright red, the same color as on the original.
Since it is made of the same material you will have to loosen and rotate the coupler hose and inspect it for cracking and deterioration.

Hope this helps..........gm

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Thanks for this! I just discovered mine is looking prety grim. Is that a Toyota part number that I can order from any Toyota dealer?

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this! I just discovered mine is looking prety grim. Is that a Toyota part number that I can order from any Toyota dealer?
Yes sir, you can order it from a Toyota Store near you and have the parts in a day or so................gm

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Thanks, just did (order one)!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey when you noticed that your couplers were cracked were you gettin MAF sensor codes tripping? bc i noticed the couplers when i was lookin over the intake for possible leaks and am hoping that replacing them will correct the issue. it is quite annoying bc it disables my vsc and center locker

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Sorry, I didn't have that problem.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have had that problem, my coupler started cracking and I adjusted and now it has completely split apart on one edge. I was getting MAF error codes prior to it, so I need to get that kit and it should take care of it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just tried to order this kit. Toyota has discontimued it. WTF? Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
You might try aFe since they made the one for TRD. You probably won't be able to get red hoses, but the black ones from the aFe model like I have should work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts