Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
12. Continued

This is what was removed from the Snorkel Connector Hose to fit correctly inside of the TRD Air Flow Accelerator Hose. I recommend cutting off less than you think you need, and fitting before removing off too much. A total of two cuts were made with a NEW razor knife.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
13. Slide the neck of the lower air box into the TRD Air Flow Accelerator Hose and be sure that the tabs on the air box line up with the notches in the rubber part.

SNORKEL ONLY: If attaching an aftermarket Snorkel to the TRD Air Flow Accelerator Hose use the 5" Stainless Hose Clamp (purchased separately) to secure the TRD Air Flow Accelerator Hose to the TRD Lower Air Box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
14. Secure the TRD Lower Air Box with the (3) M8 bolts that were removed from the OEM air box.

15. Install the OEM clip removed earlier on the wire harness to the lower air box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
16. Install the TRD Air Filter. Remove the from the plastic bag and press the air filter all the way down into the lower air box.

DO NOT DISCARD the TRD AIR FILTER when it is dirty. It is washable and reusable similar to a K&N Filter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
17. Insert the filter minder grommet into the air box lid.

18. Inert the filter minder into the grommet. Press the filter minder all the way down until it bottoms out on the grommet.

19. Install the hump hose coupler onto the upper air box using the (2) #72 hose clamps. Slide the coupler all the way onto the neck of the air box until it bottoms out on the lip inside the coupler.

20. Install the upper air box by lowering the hinge side into place first. Make sure that the hinges pieces on the upper air box fully engage with the corresponding pieces of the lower air box.

21. Secure the upper air box with the (2) clips. Make sure that the hinge is fully engaged before attempting to close the clips.

22. Remove the MAF sensor from the OEM upper air box by removing the two phillips head screws.

23. Reinstall the MAF sensor onto the TRD Intake Tube with the (2) M4 Allen screws supplied. Install the throttle body coupler onto the TRD Intake tube.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
24. Install the intake pipe assembly first into the coupler on the air box and then rotate the pipe assembly down into position. Slide the throttle body coupler on to the throttle body.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
26. Install the (2) supplied plastic nipples into the T.B. Coupler and connect the OEM crank case vent hose.

27. Replace the OEM vacuum hose with the longer one supplied with the TRD kit.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
28. Plug in the MAF sensor and do a final check that all hose clamps and hardware are tight.

This is when I went back and zip tied everything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
29. Install the supplied plastic plug in the hole in the front of the lower air box.

30. Do a final check over, and ensure that all hoses and wires are secure.

Install the engine cover by engaging the rear mounts, and rotating it down and snapping it onto the front mounts.

31. Reinstall the negative battery cbale to the negative battery terminal and the TRD CAI Install is COMPLETE!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Reactions: daltondrose

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The Install Instruction Portion of this thread is now COMPLETE!

Any questions/comments are welcome.

Good Luck with your TRD CAI Install. In my opinion, the BEST $400 Mod that you can do to your FJ for Performance / HP gains!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice write-up! I am still debating on getting the TRD CAI but I want to! lol! Thanks for the step by step instructions, this will help people like me who wants to make sure of a smooth installation. :rocker:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The Install Instruction Portion of this thread is now COMPLETE!

Any questions/comments are welcome.

Good Luck with your TRD CAI Install. In my opinion, the BEST $400 Mod that you can do to your FJ for Performance / HP gains!!!
Couldn't agree more.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nice write up. Any chance you'd like to sell the lower half of your oem air box?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sure. It is all Brand New with Original Air Filter, minus MAF Sensor. I have the original TRD CAI box that it should fit in. PM me with contact info Amigo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the write-up and GREAT VIDEO!! :bigthumb:
Love the way it sounds!

I just ordered the CAI for my 2014..........that I haven't gotten yet, lol.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks for the write-up and GREAT VIDEO!! :bigthumb:
Love the way it sounds!

I just ordered the CAI for my 2014..........that I haven't gotten yet, lol.

Mike
Mine flashed a Check Engine Light after a few hundred miles and started rough idling and stalling. Took it to Toyota. They reset the code and everything was fine. They told me that the computer has to Learn the new air mixture, but once the code is reset there are no issues. Clicked 5k miles on the odometer today.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts