Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the TRD CAI yesterday and I have a question about the installation. I am not sure what it is for, but there was a brass nipple and a longer replacement hose that connects to the long, black TRD intake tube. I noticed that where the brass nipple screws into the intake tube there was no clean opening through the tube. Logically, it seems that it should be a clean opening in the black plastic tube, but it is a vacuum line correct? The engine runs fine without drilling this hole out, but I just want to make sure it is supposed to be this way or not. I can post pictures later when I get home if anyone doesn't know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Need pics!!! Have no isea what it is without the pic!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other end of the hose connects to the fuel pressure regulator. I am referring to the brass fitting near the center of the picture. All I need to know is if I looked through the end of the fitting (without the hose attached of course), would I be able to see into the inside of the intake tube, or would there be a barrier of some sort. Right now the plastic of the tube is blocking it completely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts