Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I can explain this right. If I am driving at any speed, if I slightly press on the gas I hear a slight whistling sound. Like something is sucking air. It's not loud or anything and maybe it's normal since before I always had the stereo on and maybe didn't notice it. I think I would have. Does this sound normal. I went back through my install and made sure all the hoses and clamps are on correctly and tight. The vaccum line and crankcase breather line are on tight. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Sounds normal to me as Ive read this same experience several times. Mine sounds like a Turbine. If you want make a video throw it on you tube and let us hear it. Or search on you tube lots of CAI vids

I made this one yesterday

·
Registered
134 Posts
I believe this is normal. I have the same sound with my CAI.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I started the same thread when the TRD CAI came out. If you search you'll find the thread and there are many replies on it. The whistle is annoying, but normal.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just drove to Lowes and this high pitched whistling sound is only went resting on the gas pedal to mantain speed. If this is normal, that sucks (no pune inteneded but funny) Does TRD know about it or does anyone know what makes it happen. The stock didn't do this so it seems it could be fixed. I am going to search around now and thanks for the replies everyone. Have a great day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CAIs all make these type of noises to a certain degree. My buddy has the K&N CAI on his V8 ram and when he drives around it sounds like hes got a turbo on it the whistling is so loud. No worries to be had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts