Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an '13 FJ TT. Where the clip attaches on the lower part of my TRD air box broke off. Just noticed when I was going to clean & oil air filter. Anyone else have this happen? Could you fix this problem? I ask because my dealer says this piece breaking off is not covered by my Toyota extended warranty or by Toyota's TRD! Basically, the dealer is recommending I buy an entire new TRD cold air intake at the tune of $400. Apparently, you can't just buy the bottom part of the box... Suggestions?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I own an '13 FJ TT. Where the clip attaches on the lower part of my TRD air box broke off. Just noticed when I was going to clean & oil air filter. Anyone else have this happen? Could you fix this problem? I ask because my dealer says this piece breaking off is not covered by my Toyota extended warranty or by Toyota's TRD! Basically, the dealer is recommending I buy an entire new TRD cold air intake at the tune of $400. Apparently, you can't just buy the bottom part of the box... Suggestions?

Thanks for your input!
All individual parts on TRD intakes can be ordered separately. PN for bottom is ptr03-35090-af. It includes new metal clips as well.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All individual parts on TRD intakes can be ordered separately. PN for bottom is ptr03-35090-af. It includes new metal clips as well.
Part listed is for FJ's up to 2012. Mine is a 2013. Hate to buy part only to find out it's different. Any idea if TRD cold air intake is different on on 2012's versus 2013's?

Thanks.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,915 Posts
Part listed is for FJ's up to 2012. Mine is a 2013. Hate to buy part only to find out it's different. Any idea if TRD cold air intake is different on on 2012's versus 2013's?

Thanks.
I really doubt it. But you can contact the stealership and ask....at least they owe you some helpful info after not telling you the truth about the availability of replacement parts. I’ve ordered many replacement parts for my TRD CAI, both thru Toyota and other parts dealers, some of which are vendors on this forum and offer good discounts. GL!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRD CAI is exact same part number for 2012 & 2013. Bottom of airbox fits 2012. No bottom of air box listed for 2013. Seems like it would be the same part. $70 delivered versus $400+ delivered...

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,915 Posts
TRD CAI is exact same part number for 2012 & 2013. Bottom of airbox fits 2012. No bottom of air box listed for 2013. Seems like it would be the same part. $70 delivered versus $400+ delivered...
I’m sure it’ll work. One advantage to purchasing thru your dealership is free returns. Is that the dealership price or an online parts dealer? I have had good luck with pricematching at my dealership, not including shipping. I do that in situations where I’m not sure if it’ll fit lol

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m sure it’ll work. One advantage to purchasing thru your dealership is free returns. Is that the dealership price or an online parts dealer? I have had good luck with pricematching at my dealership, not including shipping. I do that in situations where I’m not sure if it’ll fit lol
On line. OEM Parts Source....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts