Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was looking for some 17" trd bronze wheels, anybody know where the best place to find them for the best price?

I may go with the black, but would much prefer the bronze.
Time to ditch the 20's someone put on it before me.

thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, not sure if its a mistake going with these, if i am planning to run a 285/70/17, since these wheels are a little more narrow?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Are you talking about the 16" TRD Beadlock wheels (e.g PTR18-35090-BR)? If so, they are 16" x 7.5" width just like the OEM 17" x 7.5" width 6 spoke wheel. Or are you talking about the TRD Pro wheels that are 17" x 7.0" (PTR20-20-35110-BK)...but I dont believe those come in bronze -- only black and grey. 285/70R17 will fit the TRD Pro. 285/75R16 will fit the TRD Beadlock.

I suggest googling the part number and shopping for best price and shipping cost. Parts numbers are:

PTR18-35090-BR. Bronze
PTR18-35090-BK. Black

Cool Springs Toyota Parts is a forum sponsor/vendor. Plenty of other online Toyota OEM parts vendors such as SparksParts, Olathe, Camelback, McGeorge, Toyota of Dallas, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the 16" TRD Beadlock wheels (e.g PTR18-35090-BR)? If so, they are 16" x 7.5" width just like the OEM 17" x 7.5" width 6 spoke wheel. Or are you talking about the TRD Pro wheels that are 17" x 7.0" (PTR20-20-35110-BK)...but I dont believe those come in bronze -- only black and grey. 285/70R17 will fit the TRD Pro. 285/75R16 will fit the TRD Beadlock.

I suggest googling the part number and shopping for best price and shipping cost. Parts numbers are:

PTR18-35090-BR. Bronze
PTR18-35090-BK. Black

Cool Springs Toyota Parts is a forum sponsor/vendor. Plenty of other online Toyota OEM parts vendors such as SparksParts, Olathe, Camelback, McGeorge, Toyota of Dallas, etc.

Those you showed are my second choice, but these are the ones i was looking for

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
TRD Pro wheels (17x7) are not available in bronze from Toyota (at least to my knowledge.)

As you point out, FN Wheels makes a knockoff in bronze. My Daughter is running the Konig Countersteer Offroad (16") on her 3rd Gen 4Runner. I think I bought them from ChiTown4X4 as a set of 5 for $750 including shipping. They make good stuff. Comes in 8" width which I think is better for a larger than stock tire.

Says right on the page you posted about the Bronze:

• Matte Bronze Currently sold out. ETA pending, but we expect to have more available soon. Please call us at (951)735-1100 or email: [email protected] to inquire or to reserve a set.
No reason you cant reserve a set. $900 for a set of 4 including shipping which isn't bad. I would encourage you to buy a set of 5 especially if you are going to increase tire size. Include the spare in the rotation cycle and you will get 20% more mileage out of the set and you will have a correctly sized spare.

Agree about ditching the 20" wheels if you are going to offroad. I would look hard at the TRD 16" beadlocks in bronze as well if you want OEM and you want bronze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts