Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I've had my '07 FJ since 2006 and it's been great. Replaced alternator @ 115k, clutch @ 125k, and just this last weekend I replaced the shift lever (@ 180k) which was soooo loose (also loud and noisy because the rubber in the shift lever shaft itself had deteriorated).

I decided to get the TRD short throw kit which includes the spacer, new bushing, and a shift lever. All I can say is wow. This is awesome. If you have a manual trans and have not done this mod, don't wait any longer. It kind of reminds me how it felt when I bought it brand new but with shorter shifts of course. Shifts are spot on and tight with the decreased throw. It's also not loud anymore.

I ordered the TRD black shift knobs (with red engraving). Those will not be here until today or tomorrow...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice! I've been considering doing this as well but the supercharger purchase hit the savings account pretty hard so I'll probably wait until the clutch needs replaced, which by your mileage isn't that far off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like the supercharger? Did you get the TRD (when it was for sale) or the Magnuson one?

That's a purchase I have considered. The TRD one used to be $2,500 but is no longer for sale. The Magnuson one I believe sells for $5,000 and it's basically the same supercharger. I guess I never thought the TRD one would be discontinued that quick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How do you like the supercharger? Did you get the TRD (when it was for sale) or the Magnuson one?

That's a purchase I have considered. The TRD one used to be $2,500 but is no longer for sale. The Magnuson one I believe sells for $5,000 and it's basically the same supercharger. I guess I never thought the TRD one would be discontinued that quick.[/QUOTE

I'm really glad I decided to pull the trigger and get the supercharger. It's unobtrusive when just cruising around but you can feel the extra power is there, and when you need it just hit the gas and off you go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts