Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a TRD skid plate in conjunction with an Expedition One bumper?

I am getting ready to install my new Diamond bumper from Exp 1, and was first looking at Ricochet skids (they will not fit on an FJ with a diff-drop) and then RCI...
But noticed RCI has a TRD Integration Skid Plate for their products.
I have looked everywhere i could think, but have found no photos or write-ups integrating the two.
Neither RCI or Expedition One is sure...

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is an old post, so you probably answered the question already. The TRD skid works with an Ex1 bumper. I installed the fillet plate as well, although I don’t think it’s necessary. The RCI integration plate is a great product as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RParker... thank you so much for the pics. I did wind up installing the TRD skid with my Exp. One bumper - but couldn’t get their (exp-one) filler plate to line up. We’re you able to fit it without modifying it (cut or try to bend)? So is your filler RCI or Exp One?
I’ve been meaning to get to it for awhile to close out the gap but I’m easily distracted...Thank you again

·
Registered
172 Posts
The filler plate fit without any bending or trimming. It’s a bit of a chore to get the front bolts on the TRD plate lined up. But it all went together perfectly on my 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts