Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m going for the TRD Supercharger and as you all know I need to re-flush the computer. The problem is that in my country they don have the softwaer to do it and in USA they do, but they told me that I have to go with my FJ in order to do the re-flush :lol:

My question is, can I send only my computer to someone in the USA to make this re-flash?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The UAE guys have the same issue.

I don't know if they have a solution as the dealerships there cannot do it either. The more expensive solution is to buy the APR X-1. This eliminates the need for the ecu reset.

It's also called a reflash, not flush. :)

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Any way to disconnect the ECU and send it over to some dealership for flashing stateside?

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Although the APR X-1 is the more expensive route to go, it does allow you to remove the SC later and sell it. If you have the ECU flashed, the SC goes with the FJ, unless you purchase another ECU.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The ECU probably needs to stay in the vehicle to accept the reflash. The ecu cannot be used in another vehicle, they are vin specific.

You could buy the X1 when they come back out. they are currently backordered indefinitely.

Or you could buy the MAPECU2 and have someone tune it for you. URD sells them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow, So if I blow an ECM I have to order a new one from Toyota? Never heard of that before.
You can swap ECM's around, AS LONG as the tagging on the ECM is the same, such as K2, or D1, or whatever the case is. you will have a code for a mis matched vin, and will have a check engine light if you dont right your current vin into the ECM

now with that said, order a new one from Toyota. the failure rate of ECM in our cars (Minus Corollas) is VERY small.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts