Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
granger said:
2" lift
33" Tires

Let me know when you become a senior member.... ;)
Maybe this info was somewhere and I didn't see it???? But I HIGHLY doubt Toyota will put anything out with a lift and bigger tires due to bumper height requirements and rollover litigation. Sad but true.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
air said:
ouch, a member told a 'senior' member something a 'senior' member should've known as obvious. damn

Hardly, if neither of you can identify sarcasm then I am truly sad for you.

I agree that Toyota would probably not bring these out for the exact reasons you stated. But, I was answering the question:

what else, other than a supercharged engine, can they slap on the FJ that the TRD package doesn't accomplish?
and to my point; both a 2" lift and 33" tires would accomplish something that the TRD package would not. ;)

Now if the question was:

"what else, other than a supercharged engine, would they slap on the FJ that the TRD package doesn't accomplish?

My answer would have been different.

·
Registered
181 Posts
granger said:
and to my point; both a 2" lift and 33" tires would accomplish something that the TRD package would not. ;)

Now if the question was:

"what else, other than a supercharged engine, would they slap on the FJ that the TRD package doesn't accomplish?

My answer would have been different.
Well it depends on who you define as "they". If they is Toyota then 'can' or 'would' would still get the same answer, because Toyota can't AND wouldn't use either one of these options.

Whatever, I'm just trying to get my post count up so I can be a senior member. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well if "they" as in Toyota, were serious about offroad, they would provide some extras like a lift and front locker. Most of the time factories don't provide lifts because of excessive wear to ball joints.

Tell me something cool that TRD has done since the days of the Supra... thus I think TRD is dead. I am sure DayStar will have a kit.

It all goes back to the big thing: FJ's are built for people to drive on the road which is where 95% of all of them will stay until they are old.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It all goes back to the big thing: FJ's are built for people to drive on the road which is where 95% of all of them will stay until they are old.
Not mine.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
DocAltie said:
Well if "they" as in Toyota, were serious about offroad, they would provide some extras like a lift and front locker. Most of the time factories don't provide lifts because of excessive wear to ball joints.

Tell me something cool that TRD has done since the days of the Supra... thus I think TRD is dead. I am sure DayStar will have a kit.

Check out the SEMA pics - there is a prototype supercharger for the 4 liter. It's built out of carbon fiber. That is DEFINITELY COOL!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
noshow said:
they could add a front locking axle like the Jeep Rubicon
One of those special asian model accessory:

BUT THE MARK-UP IS HUGE!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Roosterdo said:
One of those special asian model accessory:

BUT THE MARK-UP IS HUGE!

It ain't the markup that'll get ya. It's the maintenance...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
It ain't the markup that'll get ya. It's the maintenance...

VERY GOOD THE LAUGH OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
ToyBox said:
Well it depends on who you define as "they". If they is Toyota then 'can' or 'would' would still get the same answer, because Toyota can't AND wouldn't use either one of these options.

Whatever, I'm just trying to get my post count up so I can be a senior member. :D
I hate to turn this into an english lesson but THEY could, they just wouldn't.

:D

and as for my motivation behind the the senior member comment please see Air's other post

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
granger said:
I hate to turn this into an english lesson but THEY could, they just wouldn't.

:D

and as for my motivation behind the the senior member comment please see Air's other post

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283
"Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world."

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Roosterdo said:
"Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world."
Roosterdo,
Nice quote, though I'm not sure how it applies. No one here was correcting someone for spelling. If you're going to quote Mencken, do it in context.

Personally, I would have used:
Correct English is the slang of prigs who write history and essays. ~George Eliot, Middlemarch, 1872

Air,
Sorry for the direction this has gone. What started as a simple, just for fun joke about your member status has snowballed into a discussion on everything but your original topic.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you guys, you guys... funny friends of mine... i don't know anyone who loves sarcasm as much as i do so keep it up!

today is my FJ day! after calling around to 523,334 dealers yesterday and getting the equivalent of blank stares (though i'm number one on the list everywhere apparently) i found one who could option it out. alas, they want $500. suffice it to say i have no self-control and will most likely go, nay, RUN there today.

horray FJ!

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh and as for the original idea behind this thread: here's my justification for not waiting (read: maybe waiting for the special edition): TRD package will be awesome + if the special edition is supercharged, i'd rather have a naturally aspirated engine as it's more reliable. ouuuuu... did i just start a brawl? i know, i know, toyota's are reliable. I'd still rather not listen to the whistle/whine and have an au natural motor.

the dealer told me March 20th.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If I find out prior to launch that the Special Edition is supercharged I may wait. Or, I may just buy the supercharger and have toyota instal it after the fact.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts