Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello,

Would you mind checking this VIN #: JTEBU4BF0EK189780 ?
Took it for a test drive yesterday, dealer is asking $33,800 .

Thanks!
29926 Is invoice. So I would give you 3 options.
1. Buy it for ~30500 or less +Tax and Fees (including all options that are on the truck CQ and OF).
2. Some regions just wont negotiate, they prefer the Old school way of "if they dont pay full pop, Walk". You are welcome to sit down and negotiate. Knowing what invoice is, that will help alot.
3. Walk...If they wont want to earn your business, **** em. They are not losing money, just not making a killing on your behalf.

Hope this helps:cheers:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My local Toyota dealer here has a lease turn in 2010 beige/sand color FJ cruiser. Automatic, mint, fully loaded, trail team edition, no roof rack, no scratches, sliders, very clean, trd wheels/bf Goodrich tires. It has certified pre-owned 100k warranty and their own dealership Gold level warranty that is 100k bumper to bumper coverage.

Asking 26995, came down to 24350. Do you guys think that it is a good deal?
Drove nicely, shocks seemed a little soft in the rear.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated it.

I cant do much on preowned, If it is "Toyota Certified" it should have a 7-100k powertrain and a 12k/12 month Comp (bumper to bumper). Not sure what they as a dealer are offering warranty wise but that stuff is always bull****. Id take a look at the local market, if you feel like its a good deal, buy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I just purchased a 2014 for $31,488, with these options:

CQ Convenience package $1,535.00
UR Upgrade package $3,155.00
3T Roof rack $689.00
EL Passenger armrest $125.00
CF Carpet floor mats $225.00

VIN JTEBU4BF6EK189136

Did i do ok?

·
Registered
2 Posts
29926 Is invoice. So I would give you 3 options.
1. Buy it for ~30500 or less +Tax and Fees (including all options that are on the truck CQ and OF).
2. Some regions just wont negotiate, they prefer the Old school way of "if they dont pay full pop, Walk". You are welcome to sit down and negotiate. Knowing what invoice is, that will help alot.
3. Walk...If they wont want to earn your business, **** em. They are not losing money, just not making a killing on your behalf.

Hope this helps:cheers:

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi, I just purchased a 2014 for $31,488, with these options:

CQ Convenience package $1,535.00
UR Upgrade package $3,155.00
3T Roof rack $689.00
EL Passenger armrest $125.00
CF Carpet floor mats $225.00

VIN JTEBU4BF6EK189136

Did i do ok?
Yea you did great, Better than I did and I work at the dealer lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks man, I can sleep better at night now, the dealer had a very attractive -$3,821 discount that I couldnt pass up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious as to the invoice for JTEBU4BFXEK188068. Not sure what price is being offered yet. Should know in a few hours.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a VIN yet. However, Im working towards a Cement Auto with Convenience and Offroad package, no roof rack (likin the Gobi better), and passenger armrest.

May add the TRD BBK and exhaust. Still reading up on whether its worth it(*). Probably take the 17" alloys for now (until I switch rims and tires ... always happens) but don't want the TRD blinglock style rims and such. Sounds like the platinum autocare on these is a good value so will probably take that as well. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

(*) I do have some expectations of the brakes performance but not much for the exhaust. I wont mind the sound but bent to the side will be nice. More importantly, Toyota installed it so if anything goes wrong its on y'all and not some third party :bigthumb:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don't have a VIN yet. However, Im working towards a Cement Auto with Convenience and Offroad package, no roof rack (likin the Gobi better), and passenger armrest.

May add the TRD BBK and exhaust. Still reading up on whether its worth it(*). Probably take the 17" alloys for now (until I switch rims and tires ... always happens) but don't want the TRD blinglock style rims and such. Sounds like the platinum autocare on these is a good value so will probably take that as well. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

(*) I do have some expectations of the brakes performance but not much for the exhaust. I wont mind the sound but bent to the side will be nice. More importantly, Toyota installed it so if anything goes wrong its on y'all and not some third party :bigthumb:

It sounds pretty damn good. Regarding the wheels, they are fake beadlocks so keep that in mind. Hence blinglocks. But get me a VIN and Ill get you a good deal.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Curious as to the invoice for JTEBU4BFXEK188068. Not sure what price is being offered yet. Should know in a few hours.

Thanks!
Use this as a guideline...The smaller #s are Cost. MSRP INVOICE
Vehicle Base Model .......................... :$ 28720.00 $ 26709.00
+Convenience Package:Remote Keyless Entry ... 1535.00 1366.00
+17" Alloy Wheels w/Full Size Alloy Spare ... 650.00 579.00
+Off-Road Package: .......................... 960.00 855.00
+Roof Rack .................................. 689.00 465.00
+All Weather Mats & Cargo Mat ...... ......... 200.00 120.00
+Armrest - Passenger Side ................... 125.00 75.00
+Towing Hitch & Wire Harness ................ 349.00 240.00

After you find out what options it has add

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 860.00
TDA .........................................: $ 582.00
Gasoline ....................................: $ 13.24

Then Taxes and Fees

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's a truck but it still surprises me that my Oddessy seems to have more get up and go .... Anyways ...

VIN JTEBU4BF9EK183928

They are asking 33,225 before the $5000 for installing a BBK and another $1000 for the exhaust. On a personal level, I'm proud at myself for not just outright laughing in his face .... Although I do believe I'm with in my rights at that point.

Will probably find a new sales guy. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I know it's a truck but it still surprises me that my Oddessy seems to have more get up and go .... Anyways ...

VIN JTEBU4BF9EK183928

They are asking 33,225 before the $5000 for installing a BBK and another $1000 for the exhaust. On a personal level, I'm proud at myself for not just outright laughing in his face .... Although I do believe I'm with in my rights at that point.

Will probably find a new sales guy. :)

Id tell the sales guy to go **** himself honestly. $5000 sounds like a rip, and Id personally do the exhaust for $650 installed. Dude just buy a plane ticket and fly up to Norcal, Ill get you invoice plus 2-300 (including paying a few drivers to go and get the truck from another dealer).

They are charging you MSRP fyi

·
Registered
169 Posts
Id tell the sales guy to go **** himself honestly. $5000 sounds like a rip, and Id personally do the exhaust for $650 installed. Dude just buy a plane ticket and fly up to Norcal, Ill get you invoice plus 2-300 (including paying a few drivers to go and get the truck from another dealer).

I'm in so cal and am going to be looking for an Fj in 5-6 months :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Too late to change my mind as I have already paid for it and it is being picked up by my in-laws tomorrow...but, here we go.

VIN JTEBU4BF3EK186999

Paid $ 32,601.36

Dealer add ons, side steps, roof rack, pin stripes (aarg), nitrogen filled tires (gimmick)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Too late to change my mind as I have already paid for it and it is being picked up by my in-laws tomorrow...but, here we go.

VIN JTEBU4BF3EK186999

Paid $ 32,601.36

Dealer add ons, side steps, roof rack, pin stripes (aarg), nitrogen filled tires (gimmick)

Not much you can do there. Not a bad deal honestly.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Why is this so complicated? Print out your TrueCar savings certificate and ask "Are you going to honor this or not?" Demand a quick answer or assume they are crooks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Why is this so complicated? Print out your TrueCar savings certificate and ask "Are you going to honor this or not?" Demand a quick answer or assume they are crooks.

Truecar is bull****, trust me. The dealers give Truecar their pricing, not the other way around. And any salesman worth is weight will say "of course we will honor it". By no means is that them actually giving you that price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I test drove a Cement 2014 VIN JTEBU4BF9EK189969.

Sticker of $36289 I believe. Dealer was willing to go to $33750. Is that a reasonable deal?

I was not able to figure out the invoice price. Very little stock in Northern NJ. Other dealers were unwilling to go below $1800 below sticker.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi - I test drove a Cement 2014 VIN JTEBU4BF9EK189969.

Sticker of $36289 I believe. Dealer was willing to go to $33750. Is that a reasonable deal?

I was not able to figure out the invoice price. Very little stock in Northern NJ. Other dealers were unwilling to go below $1800 below sticker.

Thanks for any input.
I can take a look into it tomorrow. but that seems fair for sure. You can always get more, but by no means should you not take that. I do understand supply and demand quite a bit, not exactly in NJ, but mostly everywhere these are not the most common order.

21 - 40 of 270 Posts