Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Duratracs and have been pretty happy with them, but I'm down to 8/32" and winter is coming. I've read that for good traction in the snow it's recommended that your tire depth be 5/32", but even with 1/4" of tread on mine they look shallow. For those of you who drive in ice and snow, on and off road,at what depth do you change your tires?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Sounds like they might need replacing soon anyway. Better to be proactive.
You know I'm wondering if Abe Lincoln came back would he be amused that his primary function now is his head on a coin to check tread depth?:oops:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I am running Duratracs and went and played in the snow up by Flagstaff last February. in these photos they had 45000 ish miles on them and were at 8/32"S-9/32'S. they did well I was on hard pack and some deeper snow and they were fine. would have been even better if I aired down.
IMG_20190223_130047785.jpg
IMG_20190223_124016321_HDR (2).jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running Duratracs and went and played in the snow up by Flagstaff last February. in these photos they had 45000 ish miles on them and were at 8/32"S-9/32'S. they did well I was on hard pack and some deeper snow and they were fine. would have been even better if I aired down.
Just what I was looking for. I think I can hold off until later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts