Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an update on some of my Treasurer activity. I filed and received status for FJSummit.org, Inc. ( Richardson, TX) This is now a Non Profit Corporation (Social Group) status. This was necessary to obtain Federal tax ID and bank account.

I also filed and received Tax ID and a Bank account was opened today. This is a checking account for receiving Registration and Sponser fees, and to disperse payables. Account is with Chase. Currently myself and my office manager, are signatories.

I will set up Pay Pal account for Registration fees. Seth, we will need a special email address for Fees. "[email protected]" would work. If this is a problem I think I can create an alias here.

We need to establish an amount for event fees
some of the things this should cover:

1.Driver's long sleeve shirt, and stickers for vehicle, map, event booklet. ( hat?, patch? other?) budget about 20 bucks
2.Coupon for Driver's Dinner ( BYOB, additional charge for passengers) 10 bucks
3.Event expenses - tent, rental hall, use of public area? 10
4.Any fees if needed, (will there be any fees for a large group?) ?
5.Insurance rider if we think we need it ???
6.Misc expenses for planning ( accounts, advertising,phone expenses, banners,etc).
7.Hopefully vendors will contribute more swag for the drivers kit
8. We should refrain from paying for drinks, keg etc. Keep it strictly BYOB. Saves lots of cash and liability issues.

I just attended the Texas Toyota Jamboree ( Great job , Phil and Chris!). they charged 50.00 which included the fees for camping. This seems to be a reasonable fee. More and people might complain, less and we may run short.

There are great expectations for us. Bands, tents, BarBQue, Pit Babes.....What are your thoughts , Guys? 35?, 50?, 65? .....

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Tim, thanks for the kind words about Jamboree. It was a hugh success even with the bad weather. I think we need to have some more discussion on the Sponsor idea. Tim feel free to post my reply to your e-mail if you think it will help..........Pit [email protected]#

1 - 2 of 2 Posts