Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good ideas for protecting your paint from trees and such while working your way through tight spots? Any products out there Im missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You could clear bra the whole truck, gonna be pricey though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea... A Chainsaw...:rawr:

What happened? Scrape paint on a tree?
KyFJGuy

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Mad Dog Offroad diamond Plate panels.

I prefer to call them Trail badges. I need to start labeling them from what trail gave me the badge........

·
Registered
677 Posts
Line-X:)

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Some one should just come out with panel magnets to cover up the doors and fenders when you go off road....IDK...just a random thought.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently that's what the magna shields are...I need sleep!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Been looking at the mad dog plates they need to make them cover the whole door for me. LOL

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anyone have any good ideas for protecting your paint from trees and such while working your way through tight spots? Any products out there Im missing?
I have 'ladder rash' on my Black Diamond that looks just like that.....from a careless ahole walking by with an aluminum ladder at Home Depot. He didn't even say he was sorry. And what really got me was that I parked way away from other cars to help prevent that.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
As for small scratches and such you can try different products to prevent scratches, Some body armor will help prevent lighter dents or scratches on lower sections of say like the doors
But if your really serious into keeping the body straight and you really wheel trails and rub the trees n rocks the wrong way, to the point they fight back.... I would consider a exocage!:rocker:
For clearity a Roll gage on the out side of the body.. I hope to be doing one next year.
In late 06, Extreme 4x4 did a show with the 07 FJ and did a complete exo on it... It lloked Bad A$$ and was even designed so all doors were still usable and it was even able to be removed if needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you think of having your girlfriend stand between the tree and your rig? :jester:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Machetes.
I knew someone who used a machete out on the trail, the trails team crew weren't happy bout that :worried:... It's the whole "tread lightly" thing :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I knew someone who used a machete out on the trail, the trails team crew weren't happy bout that :worried:... It's the whole "tread lightly" thing :)
Machetes are used alot where I hunt and camp to clear (foot, ATV, or jeep) trails to our hunting stands or where we fish, deep in the river bottoms.................maybe it's a "southern" thing. :wave:

Everything grows back quick and thicker than ever around here.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've used Magna Shields since I've owned my truck.
Once you get used to putting them on, the complete set can be installed in about 20 minutes.
They've been through hell and back, but have protected my paint well. Don't get them wet while on the truck, though, as it can cloud the paint.
They're well worth the money if you want to keep your paint decent and still go off road. I'm not sure if they're still being sold, though. I haven't seen any ads for them around here, and I haven't seen Ginger post up in quite a while.
HTH.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts