Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and anyone else willing to drive to attend. We are going to have a Tech/Meet and Greet in Southbury, CT on July 19th at my shop. I need those of you interested to copy and paste the list and add your name and what you will be looking to do on your rig(with the help of others offcourse!) I think we can get about 20 rigs lined up at the house at one time. We will have a grill for burgers and dogs and will try to have people bring assorted items so it doesn't cost you more than your gas and Beer:cheers:.BYOB! We have a good sized yard and my two kids will be on hand. It's actually my sons birthday so he'll get a kick out of it. Please bring any tools that you may need and i'm sure we can fill in the blanks. I would like to make this organized so it benefits those of you who want to get some harder stuff done on your rigs. One thing we could definitely use is an auto electrical/stereo wizard. Let's make this first time get together a success and perhaps open the door for future tech days. We can comfortably work on 4 rigs at one time providing it's not 100 degrees in the driveway. So let's get it rolling!:clap:

The List
1-Slither-:rocker: repair carnage from Coal Mine Classic the Weekend before!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
The List
1-Slither- repair carnage from Coal Mine Classic the Weekend before!
2-Singha- Here to help. Bringing BEERs,GRILLING FOODs,TOOLs.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The List
3- Tai Mai Shu- 3" lift. BEERS, FOODS, AND LABOR. :rocker:

·
Registered
634 Posts
The List
3- Tai Mai Shu- 3" lift. BEERS, FOODS, AND LABOR. :rocker:
4- bkw- extra pair of hands, possible diff breather mod, firestik tune

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Yes firestik tune-that is what I need done.
Tuan I still have your meter but never open it. Maybe I will get a chance to mess it before the meet. Just got my Digger's Upper rear control arms that need to be installed tomorrow so my suspenson will be all squared away so I can get it aligned sometime nest week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The List
3- Tai Mai Shu- 3" lift. BEERS, FOODS, AND LABOR.
4- bkw- extra pair of hands, possible diff breather mod, firestik tune
5-Dinopug- Watch and learn, extra pair of hands

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes firestik tune-that is what I need done.
Tuan I still have your meter but never open it. Maybe I will get a chance to mess it before the meet. Just got my Digger's Upper rear control arms that need to be installed tomorrow so my suspenson will be all squared away so I can get it aligned sometime nest week.
Keep it, I don't even know if it work or not. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know yet for sure, but I might come just to hang out.

If I do I have the spring compressors if nobody else does.
Hey Rich, that will be two weekends in a row for you and I. I'm sure it will be a good opportunity to go over the rigs after Rausch. Love to have ya there and those spring compressors would be handy to have on hand just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
The List
1 - Slither - repair carnage from Coal Mine Classic the Weekend before!
2 - Singha - Here to help. Bringing BEERs,GRILLING FOODs,TOOLs.
3 - Tai Mai Shu - 3" lift. BEERS, FOODS, AND LABOR.
4 - bkw - extra pair of hands, possible diff breather mod, firestik tune
5 - Dinopug - Watch and learn, extra pair of hands
6 - CARLGCS - Extra set of hands with tools.

Will anyone be bringing their wife or girlfriend?
Slither, let me know what I need to bring (food, drink)?

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wives, girlfreiends just don't bring both, it always makes it messy!:rofl: If you're going to drink beer or other adult beverages please bring your own. I don't drink so that's on you and that takes some of the responsibility off me. Food we'll work out here, I really haven't thought about it. Burgers, dogs , steaks, etc. I'll probably provide one 10lb box of burgers and a 5 lb box of dogs and a Porta Potty. we'll get it all straightened out as we see how many we can pull together. Dad's got a good back yard for pitchin' a tent if anyone winds up staying to late. Kids are Ok too. It's going to be my son Austens 14th birthday so I'm going to make y'all sing happy birthday to him.:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Wives, girlfreiends just don't bring both, it always makes it messy!:rofl: If you're going to drink beer or other adult beverages please bring your own. I don't drink so that's on you and that takes some of the responsibility off me. Food we'll work out here, I really haven't thought about it. Burgers, dogs , steaks, etc. I'll probably provide one 10lb box of burgers and a 5 lb box of dogs and a Porta Potty. we'll get it all straightened out as we see how many we can pull together. Dad's got a good back yard for pitchin' a tent if anyone winds up staying to late. Kids are Ok too. It's going to be my son Austens 14th birthday so I'm going to make y'all sing happy birthday to him.:clap:
Burgers & dogs should be fine IMO, I don't drink either. I will probably bring my wife.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The List

Will anyone be bringing their wife or girlfriend?
Slither, let me know what I need to bring (food, drink)?
This list is filling up fast. If you're late signing up you'll be on the waiting list.
:lol:

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Pete, you know I'll be there to help with anything. Keeping youre kids inline,(amanda, austin ,ya you).let me know what you need me to bring.And thank for being so gracious for your hospitality, even on austins B-day,, presents optional????????

The List
7 - Capt.Rick - also in need of the firestick tune, and any help I can lend

·
Registered
831 Posts
hmm i would love to go just to help out and learn but dont want to take up the space for people who really need the help.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm i would love to go just to help out and learn but dont want to take up the space for people who really need the help.
Come on down Mike, it's a meet and greet too. The more the merrier.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just some pics of the gathering area

THE SHOP!

Back up the driveway

Entrance and additional parking on sides of street

Back yard

Pics make area look smaller than they really are. The garage doors on the shop are 9' x 9' and the shop itself is 900 square feet plus another 1500 square feet in the parking area.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The List
7 - Capt.Rick - also in need of the firestick tune, and any help I can lend
8 - toyotaoffroadFJ - cb tune/ possible trail repair from coal miners\ all pro bumper??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Anyone planning on staying over somewhere near by?

Hotel near by?
Maybe a campsite?
I have not been camping in a while but I can bust out my tent and gear

I will most likely attend as well just need to square up itinerary (sleepover or day trip)/ I donot drink much but I will bring a case of something to share.
I have tools but do not want to put that big Craftsman tool box in the truck. I will bring my torque wench shop jack and/or cordless drill if anyone requests

LI people are we driving around or taking the Ferry?

Probably not much Modding for me but we will see. Otherwise I will be able to help and observe where needed

I do have a off road light switch to swap out and I am waiting on the bolts to install the factory rock rails but that should all be done before the meet

·
Registered
831 Posts
I might come down put me down on the list for a 80% chance of going. I suppose i do have one more mod to do the scuba mod. But ill get all the parts together for it this week.

I can tell you the really only reason why i will not show is i have to go to a mandatory jury duty sometime in the next month, plus im going on vacation to vegas soon so ill have to recheck my schedule.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts