Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have any trip planning or logistics questions toss em out here. Maybe some of us who have gone can help. I will start.

Does anyone know the approximate amount of time it will take to run California Pass / Corkscrew trail?

I am headed to Moab after a 9 AM morning run on Saturday and I was wondering when I can expect to be in Moab.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
If you have any trip planning or logistics questions toss em out here. Maybe some of us who have gone can help. I will start.

Does anyone know the approximate amount of time it will take to run California Pass / Corkscrew trail?

I am headed to Moab after a 9 AM morning run on Saturday and I was wondering when I can expect to be in Moab.

Thanks!
Might think about staying Saturday. Big party, dinner , band and raffle Saturday night!

California and Corkscrew are relatively fast, groups may take a 2-3 hours with lots of photo ops. You could run it in an hour if your in a hurry, but what fun is that? :)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Yep, Saturday night is the big party! Gotta be present to win anything in the raffle!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I know... I never win anything anyways though. If it looked like no one else was going to be in Moab Saturday afternoon i would consider staying, may just be a last minute decision to stick around and then drive to Moab after the raffle. I Would have to pitch the tent in the dark in Moab though. I don't have accommodations for Saturday night in Ouray. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the run time for Corkscrew BTW.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
You could run it in an hour if your in a hurry, but what fun is that? :)
I did it 5 times last year, so at that point I'd seen it all, #5 took me an hour tops.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did it 5 times last year, so at that point I'd seen it all, #5 took me an hour tops.
I got a feeling it's gonna take a lot longer than an hour for my Summit group to run that trail. No rush, just gonna get to Moab and camp that day anyways, maybe check out the night life in Moab UT. Wait, Moab isn't a dry town is it?!?!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I got a feeling it's gonna take a lot longer than an hour for my Summit group to run that trail. No rush, just gonna get to Moab and camp that day anyways, maybe check out the night life in Moab UT. Wait, Moab isn't a dry town is it?!?!
There's a really good brewery in Moab, so that's pretty much your only choice. Remember, no "bars" in utah.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
There's a really good brewery in Moab, so that's pretty much your only choice. Remember, no "bars" in utah.
And weak drinks, due to the lower alcohol content. :cheers:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No ****? Bummer, I seriously had no idea. Hope the brewery is good. Guess i better pack two coolers. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
last year everybody took there dogs to all the events i would have took my dogs but they probably would have ran off to do soon rabbit or raccoon hunting

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could bring my mutt. Too bad he hates being in the car, he gets all autistic and puts his nose against the glass and pants. He also hates to get tossed around in the back wheeling and Hot Springs Inn is not pet friendly. Sorry Indy, three strikes and your out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts