Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! We just got home from Grand Junction and got to check out the whole Ouray scene. On the way back we stopped in Ridgeway for lunch at the True Grit Cafe. Ridgeway is about 10 miles north of Ouray. Ridgeway is also were John Wayne filmed the movie True Grit. The cafe has all things John Wayne in it. The food is also very good! It's a very old west setting. If you're a John Wayne fan or like the old west it's worth the drive. MT

ps - I've never seen True Grit but we are going to rent it. My favorite John Wayne movie is The Cowboys!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
True Grit is my favorite John Wayne movie so I'll check out the Cafe.

Thanks for the pointer!

·
Registered
851 Posts
MT, thanks so much for letting us know about this! I went through Ridgway several times last year and had no idea this was there. My boyfriend is a huge John Wayne fan, so he will think this is really cool!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Very cool, thanks for the tip. We will definitely be making a stop.

Thanks,
Tomas
Santa Fe

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Montana/Son :pinklove:

Thanks for pointing this out! Lots of people are going to be driving through Ridgeway to Ouray. Maybe a meet and greet?

We're still planning on driving through Shiprock on Sunday afternoon then staying overnight in Moab if you and your dad want to meet us for dinner. Same place as last time? :)

M

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Hey everybody! We just got home from Grand Junction and got to check out the whole Ouray scene. On the way back we stopped in Ridgeway for lunch at the True Grit Cafe. Ridgeway is about 10 miles north of Ouray. Ridgeway is also were John Wayne filmed the movie True Grit. The cafe has all things John Wayne in it. The food is also very good! It's a very old west setting. If you're a John Wayne fan or like the old west it's worth the drive. MT

ps - I've never seen True Grit but we are going to rent it. My favorite John Wayne movie is The Cowboys!
I ate at True Grits in Alamosa a couple of years ago. The walls were covered in John Wayne movie posters etc.

Montana/Son :pinklove:

Thanks for pointing this out! Lots of people are going to be driving through Ridgeway to Ouray. Maybe a meet and greet?

We're still planning on driving through Shiprock on Sunday afternoon then staying overnight in Moab if you and your dad want to meet us for dinner. Same place as last time? :)

M
You'll be passing near my place, I live between Farmington and Shiprock. Wave and honk at me :wave:

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
IYou'll be passing near my place, I live between Farmington and Shiprock. Wave and honk at me :wave:
Want to come drive with us? I'll be in Moab on Sunday night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts