Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to try out the new SwayAway suspension and snorkel, luckily I didnt have to try out the winch today :clap:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh by the way PIAA 520s dont do well submerged left one is half full of muddy water, is that normal or a bad assembly ? right one didnt fill up at all.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Nice. So were you in 4wd going in? How were you able to get out of that pit?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
oh by the way PIAA 520s dont do well submerged left one is half full of muddy water, is that normal or a bad assembly ? right one didnt fill up at all.
bad driving :lol: just kidding... you shouldn't submerged the piaa's when they are on.. lens will shatter... so make sure to turn them off when you're playing in deep water... I just re-placed mine a month ago... forgot to turn them off when i played in the water.. broke both lenses and water and mud got inside of the assembly.. that eventually killed both lights... :mecry:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PIAAs were off but they are a pain in the ass to take apart and clean out when they are full of mud haha

·
Registered
290 Posts
That looks fun! So do you also have the SCUBA mod with all your dif breathers raised?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks fun! So do you also have the SCUBA mod with all your dif breathers raised?
:eek: yeah totally forgot about that little problem, what do you guys think I need to change fluids or can I check them before I worry ? which ones should I worry about ? And where do I get the scuba mod kit I have seen on here for sale from a member ?

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
:eek: yeah totally forgot about that little problem, what do you guys think I need to change fluids or can I check them before I worry ? which ones should I worry about ? And where do I get the scuba mod kit I have seen on here for sale from a member ?
I would definately check your rear diff fluid pronto. There is a thread on how to do the scuba. It is not difficult. Not sure who sells a kit.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would definitely check your fluids to make sure you didnt get any water in the dif You can buy the SCUBA mod kit from FJNewb. I just ordered mine and kt will be here by Friday, I think it was $65. Check out this link. :cheers:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/97966-fjnewbs-scuba-driver-mod.html

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Most people would benefit more from the SCUBA Mod than the snorkel. Get the SCUBA Mod first, at least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts